Two quick reference questions

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Two quick reference questions

Postby Guest » February 24th, 2004, 10:52 am

Hi folks,

Could some kind person with the referenced volumes kindly find some info for me?

1. In "The Vernon Chronicles" (vol. 2, I believe) there is a HPC/Shuttle-Pass coin sleight in which a visible coin is quickly back-clipped at the same time as it is switched for a coin dropping from the other hand. What is the name (if any?) and attribution for this move?

2. In "Fechter", who is the routine "Fourth Down" attributed to?

thanks, Doug

Jeff Haas

Re: Two quick reference questions

Postby Jeff Haas » February 24th, 2004, 11:59 pm

Doug,

In "Fechter" p. 43, "Fourth Down" starts out...

"Lou Gallo of Buffalo calls this trick 'Punt' because that's what you do on fourth down. The effect is Eddie Fechter's and is a revelation of two selected cards."

Jeff

Postby Guest » February 25th, 2004, 7:27 am

The coin move you refer to is in the Crossed Destinies routine on page 229 of Volume I. The move itself is not given a name. Minch ends the description by writing "This action is a sort of Han Ping Chien transfer done off the table." This sequence is not directly attributed. Minch credits the entire effect, of which the above-mentioned move is but one portion, to being a collaboration between Vernon and Arthur Finley.

Best wishes...

Postby Guest » February 26th, 2004, 7:39 am

thanks much, friends!

Return to “Reference Room”