Marketing Programs

Post topics about the business side of magic.

Marketing Programs

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2003, 9:12 am

Hey there folks...

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with very specific marketing programs for Magicians...

I'm going to order David Dee's The Ultimate Insider Secrets Marketing Program For Magicians Millennium Edition and I was wondering if anyone here has any experiences with the program.

Any help is appreciated!

Best,
Jeff

:help:

Re: Marketing Programs

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2003, 8:10 pm

Hi Jeff,

I have not bought them (as yet), but there is a thread down below that addresses this already.

Good marketing \sales magic courses?

Blessings,

Bob Phillips

TheDean.

Postby TheDean. » May 8th, 2003, 9:19 pm

Yo' JeffMeister,

Here is the direct link for the thread that Bob referred to.

LINK: http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 6;t=000053

As you know, if you EVER have ANY marketing related considerations, you can count on me brother for support!

I am at your service and in His service,
Deano

Postby Guest » May 9th, 2003, 6:01 am

Thanks so much Dean!

You da man!

Rick Schulz

Postby Rick Schulz » May 9th, 2003, 6:46 am

To continue this line of questioning: has anyone had any experience with the marketing program being touted at http://www.success-in-magic.com/? How does this compare with information in the C.J. Johnson & Millard Grubb books ("More shows, More Money" & "Magicians Emergency Toolkit", respectively)?

It seems there are a lot of marketing programs, now being tailored for entertainers, but I have not seen any real comparative analyses of these competing products.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Rick

Postby Guest » May 9th, 2003, 6:44 pm

Rick, I wrote the Success-in-Magic program and I want to clarify something.

Although the course covers marketing for magicians I would not describe it solely as a marketing program. Success-in-Magic is much more comprehensive and is designed to help you build a successful practice as a professional magician. Marketing is just one of the skills needed.

If you would like more information, or would like to contact some of the people who have purchased the course, drop me a note at jim@success-in-magic.com Thanks for asking.

TheDean.

Postby TheDean. » May 10th, 2003, 8:16 pm

I have it and it ROCKS!

I'm on my way out the door for another gig(Thanks, in-part to Jim and his System!) tonight, but when I have a second, I will post a more in-depth review/reply of his an the other books asked about, OK?

Deano

================
Book more gigs... make more money... help more people!
The Dean's List, Your University of SUCCESS!
www.TheDean.net

Postby Guest » May 12th, 2003, 9:46 pm

Dave Dee's Ultimate Insider Secrets Marketing Program For Magicians is a good introduction to marketing for magicians. If you were only prepared to read one marketing book and you were a magican this would probably be the one.

For most people I would recommend reading more widely. Try visiting Dan Kennedy's web site and download his free books. A good book on direct mail copy writing is well worth reading. You will find many in your local library, or even on the Internet.

Dave Dee talks about a fair bit of motivational stuff. If that is what you are interested in I would much prefer the Tony Robbins system. Some of the things Dave says in his book sound like they have come straight from Tony Robbins.

One thing I thought was missing in Dave's prgram was information on developing a good web site to sell your services. I think the Killer Mini Sites publication is an excellent help for magicians wanting to put a simple web site together.

Some would say his promotional literature has not been tested or used enough before being released. I would tend to agree. If you would use copyright free flyers and sample sales letter and that sort of thing I would recommend the Millard Grub 'Magician's Emergency Tool Kit! Gold Edition'. You can download it from Magic2Motivate.com . Millard Grub has a lot more experience in marketing magic shows than Dave Dee.

At the end of the day Dave Dee is not really saying anything that has not been said before. He has just packaged it nicely in an easy to digest format for magicians.

Rick Schulz

Postby Rick Schulz » May 28th, 2003, 10:40 am

Dean -

I (and perhaps other readers of this forum?) am anxiously awaiting your "in-depth review" of the books discussed here. :D

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2003, 11:30 pm

I have found Dave Dee's course to be the best to start with. It is simple to implement and he takes you step-by-step through the system.

I have bought some of the other courses mentioned in this thread but I don't think they are as good to start off with.

The good thing about Dave's course is that it is a System. Some of the other courses and books are more accurately ideas and strategies.

Once you are up and running and have some marketing plans in place, the other courses give you some great ideas to use.

I know Dave's advertising is way over the top but his course is definitely worth the money.

By the way, do you know the difference between a Course and a Book? A Course is a Book with the cover ripped off and the pages stuck in a Folder!

Anyone have any comments on Millard Grubb's Magician's Emergency Toolkit? I haven't seen it but would like to see some opinions on it.

Paul

TheDean.

Postby TheDean. » June 7th, 2003, 10:11 am

" Ihave it and it ROCKS!

I'm on my way out the door for another gig(Thanks, in-part to Jim and his System!) tonight, but when I have a second, I will post a more in-depth review/reply of his an the other books asked about, OK?

Deano

================
Book more gigs... make more money... help more people!
The Dean's List, Your University of SUCCESS!
TheDean.net
Ah shucks!

Sorry bout that guys... I am just slammed, (YES, all this marketing stuff really works!) and I got so busy that I just plane zoned-it!

Please accept my apologies!

I imagine it will be a little harder to believe I WILL reply with a review in the next few days (AFTER the weekend) but I will do what I can.

I own all of the information that everyone referred to, (and more... I'm sick that way!) so I will be able to give a balanced over-all perspective.

Sufficed to say EACH are great in one-way or another and well worth any investment one would make... and ALL of then offer a 100%, money-back guarantee so there is absolutely NO-RISK!

Again... oops!

Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful!
Deano

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”