magic castle award ceremony

Post topics about the business side of magic.

magic castle award ceremony

Postby Guest » May 5th, 2003, 6:28 pm

Hi I am not a member of the magic castle yet, but will be soon. I believe that the award ceremony is tomorrow and usually celebrities show up to the award ceremony. What I want to know is if you are a member are you invited to go, or do you have to be nominated to go to the ceremony? Does anyone here know this who is a member of the magic castle?

Thanks
Amir

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: magic castle award ceremony

Postby Dustin Stinett » May 6th, 2003, 12:32 am

This year the answer to that question is yes--all members are invited. In the past it was a major event with celebrity presenters--and the whole nine yards--that cost a tidy sum per person. However, the overall cost of such an event is astronomical these days, so it will be a cozy little event in the Palace Theater.

Good luck to all the nominees.

Dustin

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2003, 11:56 am

If Paul Green wins a much deserved award for lecturing give him a big ol' hug from me.
Steve V

Postby Guest » May 8th, 2003, 8:28 am

So who won?

Jeff <----- hates suspense

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 8th, 2003, 8:42 am

From "magictimes.com" 5/7/03:

The winners of the 2003 Academy of Magical Arts Inc. awards presentations held at The Magic Castle in Hollywood on May 6 are: Shoot Ogawa (Close-Up Magician of the Year), James Dimmare (Stage Magician of the Year), Whit Haydn (Parlour Magician of the Year), and Paul Green (Lecturer of the Year). These awards were voted on by the membership of the organization. The special awards and fellowships were presented in January at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas. David Regal wrote/produced the event this year.

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”