Largest & Biggest Product launch using Magic ?

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Jacky Kahan

Largest & Biggest Product launch using Magic ?

Postby Jacky Kahan » June 15th, 2004, 6:09 am

Hi,

Yes, i have a strange question :

I was wondering where and what and what for was the biggest product launch ever... using magicians... and how many magicians where used?

Thanks!

Jacky

Re: Largest & Biggest Product launch using Magic ?

Postby Guest » June 15th, 2004, 7:43 am

Nabisco, International Foods and Phillip Morris have all used magicians for nation-wide promotions (I was involved in a couple of those... nothing like doing magic in a grocery store :rolleyes: )

Not sure if these fit your 'criteria' (these were promoting existing products... not a 'product launch.') FYI: I think each promotion used about 100 magi.

David Nethery

Postby David Nethery » June 15th, 2004, 12:15 pm

A few years back (1998) Volkswagen had Vito Lupo magically produce over 40 New Beetles at Disney World to launch the New VW Beetle.

Tabman

Postby Tabman » June 16th, 2004, 9:42 am

i just talked to a local magician who just signed a huge contract with the bellsouth yellow pages for a magic promotion. they're working out the details now. im glad to see that magic still sells in the minds of the corporate honchos!!!

Postby Guest » June 16th, 2004, 9:51 am

Originally posted by -=tabman:
i just talked to a local magician who just signed a huge contract with the bellsouth yellow pages for a magic promotion. they're working out the details now. im glad to see that magic still sells in the minds of the corporate honchos!!!
Thank you, David Blaine, for making magic cool again!

Postby Guest » June 21st, 2004, 8:00 pm

Within the past year there was a magician who promoted cingular wireless -if I'm not mistaken- on tv commercials.

Postby Guest » June 22nd, 2004, 6:13 am

What about the Harry Potter book launches?
Each time a new release is out, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of magicians around the world, at book stores, hired to launch the new book.

TheDean.

Postby TheDean. » June 24th, 2004, 9:18 am

Congratulations on your contract!

Interesting topic.

While Franz was performing here in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area, we were there while Franz made a Macdonald Douglas 80 (MD80 - BIG Plane!) Passenger aircraft appear on the empty tarmac for the launch of "Reno Air".

Prior to that, I've made a 10 ton paddle wheeler appear out in the "middle" of Lake Tahoe for a new business launch.

Do those count? (Hehehehehe!)

Again... CONGRATULATIONS!

I am at your service and In His Service,
Deano
<><

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”