sport teams

Post topics about the business side of magic.

sport teams

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2003, 9:29 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone would know how to get in touch with Major Sport teams, like the (NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB) special event director. I would like to perform for my major sports team in my area and I was wondering how I got about doing it.

I assume I contact their headquaters and ask the name of the person in charge of special events/promotions/meetings and then send a lead generation letter sequence. Any other ideas? I know major sport teams do fund-raisers, holiday events and other stuff within their community.

Re: sport teams

Postby Guest » October 9th, 2003, 10:41 am

Originally posted by amir ghasri:
Hi I was wondering if anyone would know how to get in touch with Major Sport teams, like the (NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB) special event director. I would like to perform for my major sports team in my area and I was wondering how I got about doing it.

I assume I contact their headquaters and ask the name of the person in charge of special events/promotions/meetings and then send a lead generation letter sequence. Any other ideas? I know major sport teams do fund-raisers, holiday events and other stuff within their community.
In the NBA, most teams have an agency that they use for hiring any extraneous entertainment that they might want for special events.

As an example, the Chicago Bulls hire a bunch of magicians and musicians when they play the Orlando Magic and the New Orleans team.

But the hires all go through an agency.

For charity work, most teams have a separate corporation for charitable works. Contact them directly. A call to the Team's offices should get you that number.

Special events are usually handled by either the agency that handles ancillary entertainment OR they have a special events coordinator whom you can contact directly.

As always, the teams look for excellence AND availability, with reliability being foremost. If you say you're going to be there, you should BE there, even if you are dead. No kidding.

Hope this helps!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com

Tim David

Re: sport teams

Postby Tim David » October 28th, 2003, 10:36 pm

Quick tip: If you have trouble getting an "in" with a major-league team...try getting in touch with the minors first. For instance, if after going for a Boston Red Sox gig without luck, I would then try hitting up the Pawtucket Red Sox.

It's a much smaller league and I'm sure there aren't as many gatekeepers and obstacles to get through. Once you've got your in, then take it up a notch.

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”