Graphic Layout Artist needed for new book

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Larry Barnowsky

Graphic Layout Artist needed for new book

Postby Larry Barnowsky » October 19th, 2006, 10:20 am

I am currently looking for an experienced person who can do a book layout using Quark or InDesign type professional layout programs that will be sent directly to our printer. The job would include laying out a book of approx. 300 pages with about 400 B/W photos including labeling the photos (fig. 12.4 etc). We want someone who is meticulous and will help make this into a beautiful book by contributing their artistic and graphic skills.

This will be a hard cover cloth bound book with a 4 color dustjacket and gold imprinted cover and spine. You will receive from me the manuscript in MS Word format and about 400 high resolution JPEG images. Artwork for the cover could be included in the project. The logo and gold imprint art for the cloth cover are already made.

I will pay for a total job and not an hourly rate. The initial printing of the book will be for 500 copies. Payment will be made in full when the job is delivered to the printer. Please send me a quote by email and include a short summary of prior similar projects and any references.

Larry Barnowsky
Gyromagnetic Press
barnowsky1@aol.com
Magica Analytica
barnowskymagic.com

Re: Graphic Layout Artist needed for new book

Postby Guest » October 19th, 2006, 10:46 am

Try Tony Dunn who is the Art Director for The Linking Ring might be a good resource. He designs and illustrates a number of magic books. Contact him through the IBM. He lives in Florida.

Postby Guest » October 19th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Sent you an email Larry...

Timothy Hyde

Postby Timothy Hyde » November 4th, 2006, 5:45 pm

This might be too late for this particular project but for the record.. elance is well worth checking out.

http://www.elance.com

I've had several design projects done by very talented folk in many varied places around the globe at very reasonable prices.

Even if you just list a project and call for quotes you will get a feel for the range of prices available and then look at this in relationship to a quote given by your preferred source.

timothy
The Secret Notebooks of Mr Hyde - Vol 1 & 2 - http://www.MagicCoach.com

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”