Great promotional item from Stevens Magic

Post topics about the business side of magic.

Great promotional item from Stevens Magic

Postby Guest » December 22nd, 2003, 9:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Here's a great item that would work well in a restaurant setting (or any corporate setting, trade show, etc.). It's called a Flash Tag. It is a name tag, but is programmable like the scrolling signs that you see. You can program in four messages (on your computer) of up to 180 characters. I use it to say "Bob Phillips Magical Entertainer Welcome to insert name here." I then do the Johnny Paul long card routine. The remote control (like a car remote) is hooked to a key ring that has my car key, and the key ring has a small rubber brain attached. I use the tag line that the management
asked me to do something intelligent, pull this out of my pocket, take it out and push the button. The name tag then says "Your card was the ten of spades." This has always gotten a great response, and management loves it as it carries their name as well. Below is the
link to this item. It's not real cheap, but is has everything you need (the name tag, remote, serial cable to attach to your PC, two lithium batteries, and the software for programming the remote.

Have a Merry Christmas,

Bob Phillips

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/sh ... sp?id=4046

Brisbin

Re: Great promotional item from Stevens Magic

Postby Brisbin » December 22nd, 2003, 11:33 pm

Bob is right. This is a great item. I liked it so much, I became a dealer! :D You can find it at Stevens Magic Emporium, Hocus Pocus Magic, and even from yours truly. I am also in the promotional advertising business, and this is an instant attention getter, with even more applications than mentioned. Picture an LED readerboard in a nametag! Wow!
"No Dough, No Show" - Stan Kramien
"What the mind harbors, the body manifests." - Tohei Koichi

Steve V

Postby Steve V » December 23rd, 2003, 7:53 pm

Okay...I saw the price at Stevens and saw the price at other on line shops, big difference. What does one do? It is a cool item....
Steve V
Steve V

C. Hampton
Favorite Magician: Tamariz, DaOrtiz, Coperfield

Postby C. Hampton » January 17th, 2004, 3:41 pm

I only see it at Stevens. Can you guys send me the link for the page where Hocus-pocus advertises it.

Vic,

will you be kind enough to shoot me an e-mail at carlos@damainquieta.com and tell me your prices.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos
Carlos Hampton
www.damainquieta.com/conferencias

Steve V

Postby Steve V » January 17th, 2004, 3:48 pm

I did a google search (or yahoo, what ever engine you like) under "LED Name Tags" and found a bunch of 'em. The cheapest was around $50 for everything and Stevens at around $108 or something like that.
Steve V
Steve V

C. Hampton
Favorite Magician: Tamariz, DaOrtiz, Coperfield

Postby C. Hampton » January 19th, 2004, 11:57 pm

Thanks Steve
Carlos Hampton

www.damainquieta.com/conferencias

Postby Guest » January 20th, 2004, 9:29 pm

Hi Gang,

Thought I would follow-up, since I started this. I did a search as well. The $50 to $60 for "everything" doesn't include everything. The $60 is just for the nametag (please look closely) and cable. You need to pay another $40 to $45 for the remote and software to program the nametag, if you really want to be able to use it. Stevens includes everything (tag, three batteries, serial cable to hook the remote to your PC, the software for programming, and the remote for programming up to four messages), so the price is really comparable. We also include a routine that I developed to use this in either a restaurant or trade show setting, which Mark Stevens showed the video of at the World Magic Seminar (he said that he sold out of the tags that he had there). The $108 also includes the shipping. The way the other sites price it is comparable to buying a car without tires, and having to pay extra for those...and saying that you can save money that way.

Blessings,

Bob

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”