Reading minds

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Reading minds

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Ok first I'd like to say that this is NO JOKE.

I'm sure most of you all will not believe me but please, believe me. At least pretend that you believe me.

Ok.

I came up with a way to really read minds. You can literally experience what another person experiences and feels.

I'm going to keep this a secret but I'd like some reactions. Maybe I will bring it outside to get world famous but not yet.

I'm 19 years old, I live in Holland and I'm doing magic for 2,5 years.

Re: Reading minds

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2007, 11:43 pm

Nothing is impossible..

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2007, 11:48 pm

Holland is a delightful country, quite civilized, and you can buy and smoke all sort of things.

Please stop. You'll feel better and the delusions will slowly fade.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 12:15 am

AAAH.... noooooo....

I'm dead serious my friend. I'm shocked myself, but I will swear on my mother's dead that this is true.

I understand your disbelief, I wouldn't believe it myself if I were you. But I'm not a drugaddict, I'm a normal boy from Holland with no psychose.

Just give it a change guys please..

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 12:19 am

I mean I'm serious..
I just keep sweating and I feel a weird feeling in my stomach just because I'm so shocked. This change my view on reality completely.

And again just believe me.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 12:20 am

And by the way, I DON'T LIKE TO BE TREATED LIKE AN IDIOT OK? I'M NOT MENTAL OR DELUSIONAL! SO F*** YOU!

Thank you.

But it's good that you like Holland, I like that.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 12:25 am

I experienced it allready... looking in someones head. I swear.

I got proofs for myself.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 12:58 am

You guys just don't believe me do you..

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 1:00 am

How can I make you believe it?

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 1:33 am

But I have to say if you really want to EXPERIENCE what another person feels or experiences, you have to have time. It's not possible (yet) to do it in a few seconds. It usually will take hours.

But that goes a little further than just reading minds.

I'd like some reactions on this.
And again..I really do understand your disbelief.
But times are changing, humanity is ready for another step in the evolution of life. This is the new age.

Please give it a try. I do understand that is hard to believe this.

This all could be fake but it's not. I'm not like that, I've got better things to do you know. Besides if I were fake I would allready give up because I would know nobody would believe this. But I keep trying because I just want some decent reactions on this.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 1:39 am

And again I'm a normal person and not a drugaddict. I'm very clear in my head and the secret is just (para)science. I've just made a huge discovery that's all, believe me or not, you will see me on TV maybe in the future.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 1:53 am

But other things (sort of mind reading) you can do in an instant. You can ask all sorts of questions.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 1:59 am

I mean dudes, isn't that freaking cool??!!

If this secret enters the magic world (maybe never but who knows I sell it) we really can frighten people. But I guess that wouldn't happen cause you literally can do bad things with it.

But the secret is safe with me for now. I'm a good person and I won't do bad things with it. I will treat this new concept with care.

Well, now I'd like some DECENT reactions.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 2:55 am

I think I'm better at making predictions than reading minds.

I predict that very shortly Lennart Konst will be booted from The Genii Forum. :eek:

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:02 am

Ok I just want to say that I'm very dissappointed. I mean, this is a magic forum. I'm just discussing magic and I'm doing nothing wrong except for the F*** you part. But I just get very mad when I'm treated like that.

And again, I understand (and respect) your disbelief. But I'm dead serious. There is no reason for banning me just because you don't believe me.

I know it's commonly accepted that such a thing as mind reading is impossible. But I just want to say: it's not impossible anymore.

And I don't know what do to make you believe me. I'm honest guys, please, I expected this but, it's true I dicovered a way to get in another person's head.

Please..

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:06 am

Quentin Reynolds, you too, you have to believe me. I was shocked myself tonight, I still am actually.

And again I would be VERY dissappointed if I get banned, it would be undeserved. I will bet my family's life on this, you can kill them if I'm lying now.

And again PLEASE GIVE IT A TRY

I'M NOT JOKING!

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:09 am

And it's cool if you can make predictions. I can't do that. I'm not very familiar with mentalism either, although I do know about the Swami-gimmick for instance, or muscle reading (but I don't know how muscle reading works yet).

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:12 am

And about the 'experience what another person feels or experiences'-part: it will be hard to work a trick around that because it takes hours, but I'm working on it. With the other secret (the instant thing) you can do many cool things but you have to develop this 'skill'.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:14 am

What can I do to make you guys believe me?

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:15 am

And..... why in the world would I lie about this. I'm a serious person, a serious intermediate magician.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:22 am

I'm also the person who said that I can make duplicate signatures without having them sign the card twice. So the cap will go off only once. This requires no gimmicks.
People wouldn't believe that either (especially at Penguin). You guys are people who wouldn't believe something new very quikly. And I think that's a bad thing. Just give it a try, it won't hurt you.

I can't help it I have such a creative mind (haha no just kidding).

So please....I'm a good guy, just give it a try.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:24 am

Ow and about the signature thing. I will release a DVD about that very soon.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 3:41 am

Could someone please tell me why I would lie about this?

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 4:04 am

Originally posted by Lennart Konst:
How can I make you believe it?
Tell me what I'm thinking about right now - that'd convinced me.

Dave

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » January 7th, 2007, 4:14 am

Lennart,

Apart from making 21 posts in four hours, you have not provided any information. In the first post you say that you can read minds, but you are going to keep it a secret. Then, for the next four hours you ask repetedly for people to believe you. A couple of things come to mind;

1. There is a total indifference to your posts.
2. It's still the middle of the night in the YooEss, where the majority of forum members live. Those of us in the YooKay are too cynical to pay any attention.
3. You have not defined what you do, or have provided any proof. Good luck getting anyone to believe you.

I would suggest you hold off posting for about 24 hours to give people a chance to read what you have to say, and then perhaps respond. If you continue at this rate you are likely to annoy people.

Take care, Ian

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 4:15 am

You have to be around, no that wouldn't be neccesary though but I can't do that because I don't know you, never seen you, plus you are on the other side of the world (oh no, your in London but it's still too far away). So that would be impossible. That's just impossible I think but if you were here it was possible. I could prove it to you today.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 4:17 am

Originally posted by Ian Kendall:
Lennart,

Apart from making 21 posts in four hours, you have not provided any information. In the first post you say that you can read minds, but you are going to keep it a secret. Then, for the next four hours you ask repetedly for people to believe you. A couple of things come to mind;

1. There is a total indifference to your posts.
2. It's still the middle of the night in the YooEss, where the majority of forum members live. Those of us in the YooKay are too cynical to pay any attention.
3. You have not defined what you do, or have provided any proof. Good luck getting anyone to believe you.

I would suggest you hold off posting for about 24 hours to give people a chance to read what you have to say, and then perhaps respond. If you continue at this rate you are likely to annoy people.

Take care, Ian
You've got a good point there, I won't annoy you anymore from now on with all that posts. I just wanted to make you believe me. I'm for real, I'm an honest and good guy, it's true. I will chill for now, you have a really good point there.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 4:28 am

thanks for the decent reactions..I will quit posting now for a while..

ps. I will go to my mom now to tell what I discovered (I allready sent my father a sms). I hope they will believe me, I guess they will also think I'm being deluded at first. But it's a completely normal reaction of course, I really do understand it.

John Bowden
Location: Main Street, Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland, E41 Y9K2.

Postby John Bowden » January 7th, 2007, 5:06 am

Hi Lennart,
Having read all your posts my first reaction was to dismiss you completely as someone who required to either take some drugs (as medicine) or to stop taking drugs (recreational).
Then I started to realise that you are totally serious so you must believe that you have discovered something new and wonderful with regards to mindreading.
There are many different ways of mind reading and one of the ways (for example) is cold reading. Some magicians develope this as a method for entertainment other people develope it naturally and go on to become psychics and sometimes they believe that they are truely reading minds and helping people.
It is possible that the method you have discovered, independantly, may well be a method already in use so you need to discuss this with some magician you know and trust who is better versed in the methods of "magic" mind reading than you are.
Whether your method is new or old I hope you go on to develope, refine and polish it so that you can present it to the public and make a name for yourself with it.

Best of Luck,
Cheers from the Emerald Isle,
John Bowden................. the Irish magician

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 5:23 am

You don't even know how glad I am that 'm getting a completely decent (perfect) reaction. I totally understand your first reaction, I would react the same at first. I know it's totally cool that I discovered this and I'm still impressed myself.

I don't really know what cold reading is but it sounds really interesting.

What I was thinking at the moment is that my method(s) are totally perfect for getting (specific!!) important information out of terrorists, so I think this will bring the world a lot of good things.

I do want to keep the secret a secret for a while, I hope you understand that.

And again thanks for realizing that this is not a stupid joke.

ps. I like Ireland, it's a beautyful country.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 5:24 am

I would like more information about cold reading please. Can I order books about it somewhere? I will google it right now.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 5:28 am

I got actually 2 methods for it and I know allmost sure that 1 method is new. That couldn't be cold-reading. This method is the 'experience what another person feels and experiences'-part, it take a lot of time and 'effort' (perfect for terrorists though, hard for tricks).

Oh yeah I'm supposed to be googling about cold reading.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 5:51 am

Ok I was just reading about cold reading and...well, that's not it.

I was also reading about Derren Brown where he does this trick in 'Trick of the Mind' on Channel 4:
He let several people put a paper with their date of birth, the contours of their hand, and an object of the person. Then he goes to a room and when he returns he gives the people a detailed description of their personality.

That's a trick that I can perform perfectly if I want. In fact you can send me your personal envelop with the 3 things in it and I will send a description of your personality (or your emotional state) in return. But beware, I can even discover things you don't even know. So it's kind of dangerous.

If anyone is interested please let me know. I will do this for free of course.

But not yet, not yet. First I got to work this all out.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 6:21 am

Ok I was reading a little further about Derren and his trick and I was just reading that he admits it's an old trick, first applied by the psychologist Bertram Forer. He discovered that people tend to recognise themselves in vague and general personality typifications. So that is just a trick. But I can do it for real, you get detailed descriptions. But it's better if you are around.

This is the text I've been reading. --> http://www.skepsis.nl/tv-mediums.html

ps. How's my English for a Dutchman? Is it very poor?

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 6:36 am

Originally posted by David Alexander:
Holland is a delightful country, quite civilized, and you can buy and smoke all sort of things.

Please stop. You'll feel better and the delusions will slowly fade.
hahaha

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 6:43 am

Originally posted by Quentin Reynolds:
I think I'm better at making predictions than reading minds.

I predict that very shortly Lennart Konst will be booted from The Genii Forum. :eek:
hahaha

Rick Maue

Postby Rick Maue » January 7th, 2007, 10:11 am

Over 30 bizarre posts by one person in a single thread...

Maybe the forum has attracted the son of another famous deceased magician.

Keep the change,
Rick

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 10:19 am

I don't know about Lennart's ability to read minds, but Rick Maue read mine.

To quote Lennart (who said it best), "hahaha."

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 4:29 pm

Hi guys, I will not try to convince you of my honesty again, I did that enough now.

I just hope someone (else) gives it a change cause why? Please tell me why, wouldn't it be possible that someone (me) came up with a revolutionary concept like this? Strange things happen in this world, and my idea is just....well magical. True magic but reality.

I also want to say that I have to thank a woman (and a very good friend of mine) for all this. Without them I would not ever made this discovery. If I ever make money out of this. They will get a big part.

And again, I'm as honest as it can get.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2007, 4:33 pm

Originally posted by David Alexander:
I don't know about Lennart's ability to read minds, but Rick Maue read mine.

To quote Lennart (who said it best), "hahaha."
I'm sorry, I just found it a funny post. You have got humour, or maybe you were dead serious that is also possible.

Right now I think you were serious about it actually, an understandable reaction.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”