wallet for kolossal killer

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

wallet for kolossal killer

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2006, 10:28 am

John Archer does a comedy version of Kolossal Killer on his DVD. He uses a wallet which one can open to display any one of four cards. The wallet looks very flat and unsuspicious. I believe that he calls it a Ray Miller miracle wallet. I have searched unsucessfully trying to find this wallet or a similar one. Does anyone know what this is and how to obtain one? Thanks.

pduffie

Re: wallet for kolossal killer

Postby pduffie » May 15th, 2006, 1:13 pm

The Miller Miracle Wallet is made by Ray Piatt (designed by Roy Miller).

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2006, 2:35 pm

I found it. Miller Miracle Wallet, available from Hank Lee. Just ordered one.

Postby Guest » May 20th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Took a look at Hank Lee's site - he mentions that the wet-erase board makes this effective for add-a-number effects. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion as to how this compares to other methods of doing such an effect -- say, to the the Kozar pad that Hank also sells. I have a magnetic pad that I got (perhaps free) from Magico -- but it's so clunky I wouldn't dare use it. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Gary Brown
Museum of Throwing Cards

Anthony Blake

Postby Anthony Blake » May 21st, 2006, 1:18 am

Gary...

While the Miller wallet does have a dry erase feature in all 4 of the outs areas, the way the wallet is designed makes it not a good tool to use for an add-a-no effect unless you control the wallet at all times...

The wallet is a Z-fold wallet without the restraining straps in most himber-like wallets... and because of the internal flaps which allows you to use the 4-out feature it would be too much of a risk to hand this out to an audience without serious management on your behalf...

If you want to do an add-a-no effect I'd stick with the Kozar or any of a dozen other gimmicks that can be used effectively... a simple 2-sided memo pad always works well...

Hope this helps...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader

Postby Guest » May 22nd, 2006, 12:57 pm

I am still one to beleive that the Becker version (KKII) is still the BEST wallet/version of the effect. As for the add a number effect, the easiest and best is with an ungimmicked pad. There are even more ideas for the use of an ungimmicked pad in "The Enforcer".

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Makers of miracles for magicians and mentalists

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”