On a collge tour

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

On a collge tour

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2005, 11:32 pm

Buisness had me over at the University of

Virginia today.I told the person I went to see

that the last time I was there I saw the

" Amazing Johnathan " for $2.00 about 7 years ago,

He told me they had a Mentalist this Friday free

for students and seniors. It is Craig Karges

He is on a college tour , check his website

www.craigkarges.com he may be coming your way.

Will tell you about him after I see him...Mike

Rory Raven

Re: On a collge tour

Postby Rory Raven » September 22nd, 2005, 3:35 pm

I think Craig is ALWAYS on a college tour! I have caught his show several times at various colleges; it's a good show, and he's a genuinely nice fellow, in addition to being one of the busiest acts on the college circuit.

Yes, catch him if you can.

Rory

Randy

Postby Randy » September 22nd, 2005, 4:51 pm

Don't you find it a bit ironic, or at least funny, that the word "college" is not spelled correctly in the tag line of this thread. Love those public schools.

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » September 22nd, 2005, 8:18 pm

Originally posted by Randy Gastreich:
Don't you find it a bit ironic, or at least funny, that the word "college" is not spelled correctly in the tag line of this thread. Love those public schools.
Yes it's true, they don't teach typing like they used to.

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2005, 1:42 am

Originally posted by Randy Gastreich:
Don't you find it a bit ironic, or at least funny, that the word "college" is not spelled correctly in the tag line of this thread.
Recently, on another conjuring forum, someone was discussing spelling and grammar. And they wrote grammer. I found that entertaining, and I said so. I didn't complain about his spelling, I merely mentioned that it was an amusing mistake.

I got totally e-ripped to pieces for that "transgression".

So I refrained from commenting when I saw collge. (But I'm unable to resist the temptation to comment on the fact that I refrained from commenting.)

Dave

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2005, 8:58 am

I'm exceptionally well know for my "type-o's" and getting Americanized versions of word spelling mixed up with ENGLISH (what a thought)e.g. I often type out palour vs. parlor or colour vs. color or theatre vs. theater...etc.

The point about our schools not teaching how to type is rather short however... they don't teach much of anything these days, that might support basic survival skills. Kids are encouraged to use computers e.g. they have gramar and spell check and thus no need to learn how to actually hone these skills as well as penmanship and other such BASICS. Half the kids I know that graduated from college in the past year have handwriting that looks worse than what I do with as Swami or pocket writer (and I have some major problems these days just writing normally.)

As to Karges... never seen him perform but I've always heard great things about him... I think he and Banachek are the top two dogs in that particlar field.

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2005, 10:14 am

Originally posted by Craig Browning:
they have gramar and spell check
You're just trying to wind me up, aren't you? (smile)

Dave

Rory Raven

Postby Rory Raven » September 23rd, 2005, 2:51 pm

Some years ago I worked in a second-hand bookstore. One day the boss brought in an old manual typewriter to use as part of a window display. Walking over to it, the 20 year-old princess I worked with tapped at a few keys and was puzzled when nothing happened. She declared it to be broken.

Being a creaky 33 year old at the time, I ambled over and showed her that you really had to hit the keys with some alacrity to make it work. She typed out a line ... and then was stuck.

"How do I make it go back?" she asked.

"You hit the return button!" cried another co-worker, who I thought was old enough to know better. She ran over and searched the keyboard for the return button.

I stifled a laugh.

"But the return button comes from some feature on the old typrewriter," grumbled my second, smarter co-worker rather defensively.

"Yes, this silver lever here," quoth I, indicating the carriage return. "Didn't you ever take typing in school?"

The princess tossed her head back haughtily and declared, "I took KEYBOARDING!"

Kids these days ....

And by the way -- I am not trying to poke fun at the original typo (or typo-er) that started this. Can happen to anyone.

Rory

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2005, 9:03 pm

Rory, You were right about Craig Karges I just

got home from the show and he is great. I don't

like mentalism. It's way down on my list.Most

people present it as the " I am the great what

am " with lots of ego " Lok how smart I am "

it makes me want to puke. Max Maven is the only

person I liked. This man has the secret, he

entertains with mentalism, not shows off. I

was the only Richmond magician there and it was

free.I told about 10 guys about it. The point

is his itinerary is on his web page , if he

comes your way go see him . A word to the wise is

sufficient .......Mike Walsh

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2005, 9:12 pm

Some years ago my ex and I were in Branson doing some work... we found ourselves in town at an ice cream parlor when the power went out. The high school kids behind the counter had no idea how to use a calculator and tax chart... long story short, Marcy & I had to jump in and help the owners out until the kids caught on as to how to do such primative manipulations...

... I really do have a deep concern about the future of our society...

Rory Raven

Postby Rory Raven » September 24th, 2005, 6:00 am

Glad you had a good time, Mike.

Yes, Craig wraps up his show by talking briefly about how the human mind is an incredible thing and we all have some untapped potential. He doesn't take the "Man, I'm sooooo cool" approach, but has a more upbeat messsage to impart at the end of the show.

Did you chat with him afterwards? He's quite approachable (that's how I first made his aquaintance a few years ago).

See, mentalism ain't all bad!

Rory

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2005, 8:10 am

Originally posted by Rory Raven:
Glad you had a good time, Mike.

Yes, Craig wraps up his show by talking briefly about how the human mind is an incredible thing and we all have some untapped potential. He doesn't take the "Man, I'm sooooo cool" approach, but has a more upbeat messsage to impart at the end of the show.

Did you chat with him afterwards? He's quite approachable (that's how I first made his aquaintance a few years ago).

Ah , but some mentalists are
from
Ford

See, mentalism ain't all bad!

Rory

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”