Ben Harris

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Ben Harris

Postby Guest » July 7th, 2002, 8:53 am

Have you read the book Gellerism Revealed by Ben Harris? Can someone give me a review on it? Is the bending Key gimmick he tells you how to make is it any good? Does it take sleight of hand? I really need help on this because I been thinking about buying this but I have arthritis in my wrists and don't know if the key bending he tells you about is hard to do. Thank you....

Ben Harris

Re: Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » July 7th, 2002, 8:40 pm

Hi Matthew,

Physically speaking, key bending is a lot tougher than spoon or fork bending. Key bending is also a lot less popular than it used to be. Actually wrecking someone's key can be a very bad idea. Discretion is required.

All that aside, yes Gellerism Revealed does deal with key bending with and without gimmicks.

Cheers

Ben
Creator of the famous "Floating Match On Card" illusion.
WOWBOUND.COM - INSTANT DOWNLOADS

Postby Guest » August 2nd, 2002, 11:40 am

Hey Ben,

Do you touch base on the Zanadu gimmick that's been around forever.

Mine's sitting in a drawer and perhaps you have some thoughts and new applications?

Thanks as always!
Jeff

:cool:

Shawn Preston

Postby Shawn Preston » August 2nd, 2002, 5:01 pm

Hello all
Dave Neighbors has a killer key bending routine published in the Minotaur years ago. I'm sorry I don't have my back issues to look up the exact issue. I was totally baffled the first time Dave showed this to me. Look it up! It's great.

Regards
Shawn
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. - Einstein

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » August 2nd, 2002, 5:08 pm

Hi Jeff,

The gimmick I use is an old key with a large "eye". This has been wrapped in flesh colored band-aids to soften it in the hand. A slit is made over the "eye" for insertion of the target key.

Thus, the gimmick is almost invisible, it is soft and easy to work with, and SILENT.

hope this helps.

Ben
Creator of the famous "Floating Match On Card" illusion.

WOWBOUND.COM - INSTANT DOWNLOADS

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”