Banachek on Unscrewed

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Jeff Haas

Banachek on Unscrewed

Postby Jeff Haas » November 25th, 2003, 4:55 pm

http://www.zeiros.net/Banachek%20on%20Unscrewed.wmv

This is a link to Banachek's appearance on "Unscrewed" on TechTV. Unscrewed is a half-hour late night talk show. Banachek got 9 minutes and 22 seconds, and it's a terrific clip.

This is in Windows Media Player format, you should have the latest version for best results. Also, it's 28MB in size.

Thanks to Zeiros from that other magic discussion board for volunteering the web space.

Jeff

Steve Hook

Re: Banachek on Unscrewed

Postby Steve Hook » November 25th, 2003, 9:57 pm

Awesome...Banachek, you da man.

If you haven't yet seen it, the host is very skeptical (and immature, but that's another subject...).

He can't explain the fork bendings but he's still a bit impertinent about it all (that's evidently his twenty-something, raised-in-a-daycare job).

But near the eight minute mark, the last routine blows the guy away, to the point that he says something about needing to start going to church!

Mega-kudos to Mr. B! That made my day!

Steve H

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » November 25th, 2003, 10:30 pm

To put this in context, "Unscrewed" is a show on TechTV; TechTV is a cable channel about computers, the internet, how technology affects our lives...you get the idea.

They assume that their audience is tech-savvy and is heavily made up of geeks. (Similar to magic, but a different orientation. Although magicians discussing things on web boards probably intersect the two groups...)

Unscrewed specializes in having funny material that's "out there" such humorous looks at haunted houses and crop circles; fan-oriented events such as Renaissance Faires, Anime conventions or Burning Man; features on how to modify your computer to do things like keep your beer cold (find an old Peltier cooler); a contest called "Search Sperts" in which two people try to guess which of three terms scored higher in Google searches...in other words, it's centered in geek culture.

So Bananchek, being a psychic entertainer, fit in and was actually one of their more legit guests. He actually delivered on what he said he could do.

I find the show pretty damn funny. But then if you've seen my Remote Show Control page, you know I fit into both the tech group and the magic group.

Jeff

David Scollnik

Postby David Scollnik » January 9th, 2004, 6:36 pm

Only today did I have access to an Internet connection fast enough to view the Unscrewed clip. Great stuff. Coincidentally, today was also the day I finally acquired a copy of Psychological Subtleties.

Banacheck is a great performer: I had the benefit of seeing him do Psychokinetic Touches and I think it blew the audience away. I'd love to watch him do it again one day, now that I've read Touches.

Back to Unscrewed, is his last effect written up in one of his books or elsewhere?

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2004, 3:25 am

This is a real gem!

Many thanks.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » January 14th, 2004, 1:26 am

I get 404

Has the bandwidth been exceeded?

Need someone else to host it?

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 14th, 2004, 7:26 am

Banachek also has a nice performance video on his website that contains the fork bending and word reveleation effects he did on "Unscrewed".

http://www.banachek.org/banachekmain..htm

www.conjurenation.com - 'Cards Only' Forums

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”