Help! Where did I read/see this effect?

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Help! Where did I read/see this effect?

Postby BlueEyed Videot » June 4th, 2005, 10:45 am

I'm suffering from data overload. With 8 magazines, and about 50 new books and 30 new DVDs in the last couple of months, I'm beginning to catch a glimpse of what it would take to be a mini-Max Maven. Unfortunately, my brain capacity isn't a millionth of the Maven's, so I post here.

I recently hallucin.., er, remember reading/seeing an effect where a mentalist's hand was wrapped in a clear plastic bag and then produced a torn corner of a previously-named(?) playing card. When the pack was opened, that playing card was the only one missing a corner, and, of course, the mentalist's produced corner matched exactly.

I believe this was presented as a sort of a teleportation effect.

Where the hell did I see this? Anyone? :confused:

Re: Help! Where did I read/see this effect?

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2005, 11:19 am

If I'm not mistaken that's a Tony Binnirelli (sp?) effect. I believe he did it at a lecture at The Magic Castle.
Ask someone from the Castle and they might remember the specifics.

Greg

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2005, 7:48 pm

Richard,

I don't know where you've seen it, but I know where I've read it :)

I have great news. The routine can be found in the Linking Ring vol.85 No.3 March 2005 in Tony Binarelli's One Man Parade.

It's a great trick, as many in his parade are. I saw him perform and lecture in Lausanne, Switzerland about two years ago. A great performer and thinker.

Giorgio

BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Postby BlueEyed Videot » June 4th, 2005, 9:53 pm

By gosh, that's the one! I knew I wasn't crazy...

Thanks! :D

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2005, 11:00 pm

I remember that when he performed it at his lecture my immediate thought was, "This would be a great trick to do on camera where they would zoom in on the hand that's sealed inside as the corner appear."

Greg

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2005, 2:10 pm

For Mr.Hart,Arce,Tarchini, thank you for your interest in my magic, the name of the effect with the hand in plastic bag, I published for the first time (in english) in my book "CLASS ACT" by Gary Ouellet (1991) by The Camirand Academy of Magic Inc. (Canada). I did many time in televion with camera's close-up and for lay people it is miracle ! Recently the routine is on my One Man Parade in the march issue of Linking Ring.
Many others effects from "my mind" you can found in my second book MY WAY TO MENTALISM (Camirand)
Best wishes from Italy
TONY BINARELLI

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”