Mind, Myth & Magick favorite tricks

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Mind, Myth & Magick favorite tricks

Postby Guest » April 11th, 2003, 1:55 am

Mind, Myth & Magick is one of the top five magic books that I own. However, as expressed on another thread, the chapter headings and trick titles are maddeningly opaque.

I have read through 10% of the book, rather at random, but am eager to get to the best of the best. Any suggestions about your favorite routines from MM & M?

I'll suggest mine first: No/No. However, I did have some problems with the index card hanging up on the rubber cement. I'm going to have to work with it a bit more to make it work perfectly. Because, after all, if a trick doesn't work reliably and perfectly, what good is it?

Re: Mind, Myth & Magick favorite tricks

Postby Guest » April 11th, 2003, 9:22 am

His version of "Room Service" using a "Ring flight" is a great idea, Waikikut, and Automanticard" are my favourites.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB StageCraft
Supplying Unique Mentalism World-wide
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/ABstagecraft

M. Sibbernsen

Postby M. Sibbernsen » April 11th, 2003, 9:35 am

Another vote for Automanticard. An absolutely beautiful, and decidedly different presentation for the ID.

Michael Sibbernsen

Extra note: I have yet to see the Zingg Deca Deck, but it may make for an excellent tool with this effect.

Necromancer

Postby Necromancer » April 11th, 2003, 11:32 am

Another vote for Keyknow (his version of Room Service, which I use all the time and love), and for Automanticard (which is given another nice dress on one of the Desert Brainstorm tapes).

His ideas on the three-part prediction are also very good, and his approaches to the tear-up-a-newspaper, select-a-piece, predict-a-word plot are simple and useful.
Neil Tobin, Necromancer

Postby Guest » April 12th, 2003, 7:55 am

Believe it or not I no longer have my copy of MMM and no I didn't sell it, I lost it (It's a long story)
As you say the titles are somewhat obtuse but I'll see if I can remember...
There is a great routine using pocket watches, I think it's called Chronologic.
A short fun piece is Pholder which is an interesting twist on the old baby trick...umm. cant remember anymore.
I'm going to get myself another copy soon, I'll let you know some more when I become re-aquainted.

Postby Guest » April 14th, 2003, 4:34 pm

This is one of my favorite books, and one I go back to often. Trionic is a beautiful 3 phase routine. For a while I used to walk around all the time with his hallowgram deck as well. It always got a great reaction. There's also a bit of buisness with a washer on a pull where a blister showes up on a thought of finger that's fun.

Postby Guest » April 25th, 2003, 11:38 am

I just read "Tapinage," and laughed out loud when I read the method. I don't think I'll be performing it because of its slower rhythm and because it depends so heavily on playing cassettes, but it sure tickles the cerebrum.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”