The Right Write

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
El Mystico

The Right Write

Postby El Mystico » June 4th, 2002, 3:28 am

Anyone got this? is it as goood as it reads? Any performing restrictions? Sounds too good to be true!

Ruben Padilla

Re: The Right Write

Postby Ruben Padilla » June 4th, 2002, 12:42 pm

Dom, can you tell us more about it? I don't recognize the name, but perhaps the effect will ring a bell.
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » June 4th, 2002, 11:07 pm

According to the ad in the L&L brochure it is a way of obtaining written iformation without impression devices - it involves three specially gimmicked pens.

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2002, 11:41 pm

Originally posted by Dom:
it involves three specially gimmicked pens.
THREE...GIMMICKED... pens? A center tear would probably be easier. Or, failing that, the Thought Transmitter.

M. Sibbernsen

Postby M. Sibbernsen » June 5th, 2002, 12:53 am

Originally posted by Dom:
According to the ad in the L&L brochure it is a way of obtaining written iformation without impression devices
I don't think that is quite accurate. From what I understand, most of the routines are more "Pseudo Psychometry" in nature. I'm sure with proper performance however, one could solicit a much different appearance if need be. Here is a review that may shed some light on things...

Right Write Review from "The All Magic Guide"

Best of luck to Andy Leviss on this product. I look forward to seeing it in action.

Andi

Postby Andi » June 5th, 2002, 1:29 am

Since it would be unfair for me to comment (Andy Leviss is my business partner), I'll make this quick. :)

More information about The Write Right can be found at mine and Andy's website, http://www.asquaredproductions.com . I've been 'playing' with these pens for over a year now and really love the clever method behind them. I think "gimmick" is perhaps too strong a word for this item as those who use it will no doubt confirm. And for $8 including postage to the UK and USA, you can't go wrong!

End plug.

--Andi

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2002, 2:35 am

Good luck to it - but I'm not sure about this; the review talks about reading hidden messages....is that right? Or only in a 'one ahead' sense?

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2002, 4:38 am

Hey everybody,
It can be used for more than one type of effect, but Michael is dead-on. What the reviews and ads refer to is using it as a way of keying in on which is your force bit of info in a one-ahead before you unfold the billet, one possible use other than as the key for a pseudo-psychometry type bit.

I can see how those ads may be a bit confusing, which is why Andi and my ads for it are written a bit differently on that point.

What you get are three pens that you can instantly tell apart in the natural handling of them. You have participants fold up their billets and clip them to the pens to hand them back (be it as a matter of convenience, to avoid touching them prematurely, or whatever you like (or don't mention any reason, it's not really necessary)). In the action of removing the billet from the pen, you can immediately know who drew/wrote which, before you even open the paper.

Hope this helps,
Andy

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » June 5th, 2002, 5:40 am

yes, all is now clear - thanks for taking the time to claify!

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”