Mentalism Closer

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Mentalism Closer

Postby Guest » August 30th, 2003, 12:58 pm

Can anyone recommend a mentalsim routine that would act as a closer for a 15 minute stand up act.

I already do Tossed Out Deck and a Booktest, so am looking for something slightly different - Hopefully easy to transport, simple for the audience to understand but totally baffling and surprising, and not involving any pre-show work.

Oh, and since I'm very shortsighted a blindfold routine is out of the question !

Dave Hawkins

Edwin Corrie

Re: Mentalism Closer

Postby Edwin Corrie » August 31st, 2003, 11:31 pm

Hi David. Remember me from the HCMS in Reading? How's it going?

I'm not the best qualified person to give advice on mentalism, but I recently bought Ted Lesley's Paramiracles, which seems to have some good material in it. I must say the methods were not quite what I was expecting, but with proper presentation the effects could probably be pretty strong.

Postby Guest » September 2nd, 2003, 8:10 am

Paul Wilson's new routines using his "Predator" wallet might be worth looking into. :)

Postby Guest » September 2nd, 2003, 11:07 am

Originally posted by David Hawkins:
Can anyone recommend a mentalsim routine that would act as a closer for a 15 minute stand up act.

I already do Tossed Out Deck and a Booktest, so am looking for something slightly different - Hopefully easy to transport, simple for the audience to understand but totally baffling and surprising, and not involving any pre-show work.

Oh, and since I'm very shortsighted a blindfold routine is out of the question !

Dave Hawkins
Short turn, it seems! :)

Possibly a shot at something like a PK effect, something VISUAL as you seem to indicate a standup situation where TOD is used.

Perhaps Telekinetic Timber, Baker's Erectile Bill or the like?

Or you could do a drawing duplication effect, from a sealed envelope and then take it to the person who drew the drawing in the audience - out of a field of five people. Several methods for that one.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2003, 3:10 pm

Honestly not trying to plug our own horn here BUT a nice three phase routine such as "Dimension X" which is an updated version of Annemann's "Fourth Dimensional Telepathy" OR "Brain Spree" which is a simplified stage version of "Mental Epic" with no force. Both have audience participation, are three stages and so "build to a climaxe" and are compact and easy to carry fitting all of your requirements.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB Stagecraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Unique Mentalism World-wide

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”