Taking out the bad things

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
El Mystico

Taking out the bad things

Postby El Mystico » January 30th, 2008, 1:01 am

At a party at the weekend, a French girl, a non-magician, showed me something I'd not seen before ( space for your own gag here). It involved , after a short ritual, miming taking a small package from the palm of my hand - "the bad things in my life" - and at that moment I got a weird tingling in my fingers. She then repeated it. No, it wasnt a loop.
Has anyone else come across this?

magicalt

Re: Taking out the bad things

Postby magicalt » January 30th, 2008, 6:15 am

It may have been a more mild versionof Yigal Mesika Inisible touch.

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » January 30th, 2008, 7:22 am

thanks for the response, but it wasnt that; this was a regular girl at a party - she wasnt there to do magic. It was impromptu. And good.

David Prouty

Postby David Prouty » January 30th, 2008, 7:53 am

Did the ritual involve you clenching your hand into a fist for a prolonged moment?

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » January 30th, 2008, 8:41 am

Originally posted by David Prouty:
Did the ritual involve you clenching your hand into a fist for a prolonged moment?
Or squeezing your wrist so that blood flow to the hand is restricted? When the wrist is released, and the blood returns to the hand, the hand will tingle a little.

magicalt

Postby magicalt » January 30th, 2008, 9:02 am

If I remember correctly years ago when Gellar was popular he used to ask people in the audience to hold thier hands about a quarter of an inch apart and slowly mimick rubbing them together but not to touch after this is done for about 30 seconds you begin to feel a tingling sensation. He used to say this was some sort of magnetic field which allowed him to bend metal. I am not sure if this is correct since it was many years ago when I saw him on television. Does any one else remember this.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » January 30th, 2008, 9:12 am

Originally posted by El Mystico:
At a party at the weekend, a French girl, a non-magician, showed me something ..It involved , after a short ritual, miming taking a small package from the palm of my hand - "the bad things in my life" - and at that moment I got a weird tingling in my fingers. ...
That sounds interesting. Would you describe the process in more detail?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » January 30th, 2008, 9:22 am

The "pins and needles" trick has many forms. Sometimes kids use it to create the illusion that they are "sewing a thread" through your palm. In one of the Al Mann booklets there is a trick called Exorcist which is a variation of the idea, but (if I remember correctly) dispenses with the clenching of the hands in favor of other devices. I think (but do not hold me to this) that it was in his Seance book.

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » January 30th, 2008, 12:34 pm

Originally posted by Brad Henderson:
The "pins and needles" trick has many forms. Sometimes kids use it to create the illusion that they are "sewing a thread" through your palm. In one of the Al Mann booklets there is a trick called Exorcist which is a variation of the idea, but (if I remember correctly) dispenses with the clenching of the hands in favor of other devices. I think (but do not hold me to this) that it was in his Seance book.
Very close. It was "Exorcism" from The High Domain.

John

Mitch Dutton

Postby Mitch Dutton » January 30th, 2008, 12:50 pm

And there's a prime reason to belong to the Genii Forum - from vague description to chapter and verse in less than twelve hours!

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » January 31st, 2008, 12:59 am

Thanks so much guys!

For completeness - the ritual did involve meclenching my fist for 30 secs or so. She then touched each of my fingertips briefly (maybe to give time for the blood to start to flow?). But then it seemed to me that it was the sensation of her fingertips scraping the palm of my hand to "take out the bad" that triggered the odd feeling in the fingertips.

Whatever - it was completely new to me, and fun (particularly since she was young, attractive and Fench), and well worth playing around with.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”