Entity by Peter Loughran

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Entity by Peter Loughran

Postby Guest » May 22nd, 2006, 6:11 pm

Hello

I watch a vido demo of this and Im atonished, but I cant believe no use any kind of thread wire or similar,however its seem very good.

Anyone see it in live? its so good than it seems?

is interesting to buy or too expensive when you know how it works?

thanks for your opinions.

I put below the adress where you can watch the video demo and te description.

There is substance, spirits and energy flowing all around us at every moment in our life. But what if you could control that power of unknown forces

Welcome to the world of Peter Loughrans Entity.

Entity is a state of the art device that allows you to control and move objects seemingly with only the power of your mind. But not only that, you do actually have complete power over the objects having them under your control at all times. There are no loops or threads, in fact you never have to be anywhere near the object yet you can make it move. You can do this surrounded and without the aid of any assistants. You can create a multitude of effects with this ingenious apparatus.

Move objects while being in another room. Move objects outside while you remain inside. Move objects on a stage while you sit in the audience. Invite a group of spectators to hold hands while they sit around a table. Have an object borrowed and examined, have the spectator use a magnet to search the test area for other magnets or threads. They will find nothing. As you and your guests concentrate on the object while you stand far, far away the object begins to move randomly over the surface of the table. Your guests wont believe their eyes, and you just might not either!

Entity will enable you to move these objects on most flat smooth surfaces such as tables, bars, counter tops, book shelves, etc., and you can move just about any small to medium object that you could imagine, such as a wine glass, a book, a deck of cards, a pencil, cigarettes, a lit candle, etc., the list is virtually endless. You can even have a spectator place the object down on the table, you then make it move, and they can pick it back up again for examination.

Entity is a great way to show poltergeist activity, or simply a convincing way for you to demonstrate your telekinetic powers, and perfect for all types of magic.

Remember you have complete control over the moving objects and you control the speed, distance and where the objects move. You can have your spectators search the test area for threads, magnets, wires, etc., and they wont find a thing. You are clean before and after the effect. Only 5 seconds to set up and ready to go at all times. Great for stage, parlor, table-hopping, the office, even at home or at a friends house when you really want to scare someone.

Peter Loughrans Entity is so devious and so clever that you will carry this with you everywhere you go creating stunning effects that are as close to real magic as they get!

A quality professional prop at a great price

www.masterofillusions.ca

Re: Entity by Peter Loughran

Postby Guest » May 31st, 2006, 9:56 am

Ok... is this just a commercial for it or what?

I've seen the video and even sought to work with Peter on an alternative way of exploiting said technology but he decided he didn't need to (perfectly fine in our capitolistic culture :eek: )

Entity is neat, it's clever and it's limited! I think it would be an awesome special effect... what Cassidy refers to as a "Side Effect" in his book by said name, but the price is a bit outrageous when it comes to those of us that work within a budget... I simply don't see where it is practical as a "featured piece" in its present format... but the technology itself, has potential.

I think Peter has a very fertile mind but is seriously hurting himself by clinging to the Tragic Cafe mind set.

Postby Guest » June 22nd, 2006, 12:23 am

Hi Craig,

From your email that you sent me (which I still have if you want me to send it back to you to refresh your memory), you asked if I would send you an entity or two for free, for you to play around with for awhile on a new effect, and then if you felt it would work you would let me in on the effect you had in mind.

I asked if you would share the idea first, you said no, so I said no deal. Im not going to send an item or two worth $400-$800 for free and at my expense to someone I don't know and to someone who won't even tell me what its for, thats rediculous.

So lets get the facts straight here. I never said I didn't want to work on the project, but you wouldn't tell me what it was, so wtf do you expect?

As for the price being outrageous, its actually very reasonable, considering our costs are very high for this product.

And I don't know what the magic cafe has to do with anything either.

I don't mean to be rude or anything here, but I take offense to some of what you wrote in your above post.

Good day.

P.

Postby Guest » June 22nd, 2006, 3:09 pm

The video was very intriguing, however, I was a tad distracted by the audio. Just an instrumental would have been sufficient. As Randy Jackson would say: "Pitchy in spots".

'course, it was a helluva lot better than the BOOM-BOOM-BOOM of the Extreme-type magicians.

I'm getting old!!!

Adrian

Postby Guest » June 25th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Originally posted by Peter Loughran:
Hi Craig,

From your email that you sent me (which I still have if you want me to send it back to you to refresh your memory), you asked if I would send you an entity or two for free, for you to play around with for awhile on a new effect, and then if you felt it would work you would let me in on the effect you had in mind.

I asked if you would share the idea first, you said no, so I said no deal. Im not going to send an item or two worth $400-$800 for free and at my expense to someone I don't know and to someone who won't even tell me what its for, thats rediculous.

So lets get the facts straight here. I never said I didn't want to work on the project, but you wouldn't tell me what it was, so wtf do you expect?

As for the price being outrageous, its actually very reasonable, considering our costs are very high for this product.

And I don't know what the magic cafe has to do with anything either.

I don't mean to be rude or anything here, but I take offense to some of what you wrote in your above post.

Good day.

P.
I also have a copy of the email Peter and I think what I said was I wished to borrow one for a month or two so I could test and see if it would work on a device I was going to let you market but a.) you never replied, e.g.; b.) you didn't seem to want to agree to any kind of disclosure agreement taht would protect us both; and c.) I've since found an alternate method I believe to be a bit more appropriate to what my needs are, in that it allows me greater control over a wider range of surface. More important, the method I've come up with (thanks to your video's inspiration, I will add)lends to me a small plethora of alternate applications, so I need to thank you for turning me down.

The other thing you fail to mention in your response to my post is that I wanted to interview you and review both ENTITY and RAINMAKER for VISIONS... it wasn't a matter of my "begging" but rather a somewhat honest business proposal you elected to toss out the window... I assumed this to be so due to your apparent sympathies with the Magic Cafe, Doug Tilford and their "issues" against me (simply because I tell the truth and loathe their censorship policies) and of course Dougies habit of wessling around the ethics issue when it comes to selling sub-standard versions of other people effects he does not own the legal right to sell... I'm just silly about things like that.

If I'm mistaken then by all means, touch base with me. I'm still very interested in reviewing your products and featuring you in an article. I don't B.S. folks when it comes to such things in that my Readers trust me and expect a certain level of honesty from me, good and bad, when it comes to things. ;)

Postby Guest » June 26th, 2006, 8:49 am

Craig, Im happy that I could inspire you!

In regards to the rest of your strange comments:

First off, Borrow or sending, whatever, but the fact is I asked you how could you expect me to do that when first of all I didn't KNOW you, and second you were not telling me what its for. A review was secondary at this point.

Look, I have been burned many times before about sending product out, and then never getting the items returned. If you don't understand my reasoning, then I couldn't imagine we would agree on any sort of Privacy Contract(which by the way you mention happening only AFTER me sending you the props from what I understood).You see you only wanted to tell me the idea after you get my props. How do I even know you have an idea, and you are simply not after some free props or free knowledge? I don't know you or who you are. Im not saying thats what was happening but from my company's perspective, we make it a policy not to go into BLIND deals at our expense. Also I mentioned to you that we generally only build and market OUR OWN ideas and not for a Third Party.

Ok now you mention, Doug Tilford. Why? the guy sells some of my illusions as a thrid party agent from time to time all done through an email system, so what?, I don't know the guy, I don't sit and chat with him, I don't hang out and have coffee with him, and we have never talked about other magicians, so I think you have some paranoia issues.

Again you mention the Magic Cafe.
The Magic Cafe is a great website, and is extremely benificial to my business as an advertiser of the site. I get huge sales off of my ads from that website! Why would the Cafe be hurting me as you put it earlier? At anyrate what that has to do with you, I'll never know.

Again I think you are being just a little paranoid, and slightly rediculous. You obviously have some issues with these organizations that I was unaware of.

I never said the words "Begging" or tried to imply that btw.

I just love how you ASSUME all these things and love how you word them just right in your posts in favour of you, and to make things sound much different then they were.

For instance, how you offered me a business deal but I elected to TOSS OUT THE WINDOW...lol, thats just funny, All I asked you was what you wanted the units for in order for me to consider the proposal, I think most people will agree thats a more than fair, since I have everything to lose and you have nothing to lose.

This has to be one of the stranges dealings Ive ever had espicially when you keep mentioning the Cafe and now Doug Tilford...weird. Just becasue a deal doesn't go through doesn't mean people are out to get you, or its because of the Cafe or now Doug Tilford(shaking my head at that one).

I told you why...its because you wouldn't tell me what the units were for, and I wasn't about to send out several hundred dollars worth of equipment to someone I don't know very well, or know what they plan on using the equipment for, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

There is no conspiracy involving Doug Tilford, or the Magic Cafe, or anything remotely like that, you need to relax on that, because now you are starting to creep me out a little bit, and Im sittng here wondering which person or website or dealer you will mention next.

In short I don't lend out or give out props to strangers without knowing what its for prior.
Maybe others you know will do that, but that is not my company policy, sorry.

P.

Postby Guest » July 5th, 2006, 7:24 am

Peter

Lots of mis-communication and assumption on both our parts. Let's start with my fubar on Tilford & the Cafe... my understanding was that you were part of the Cafe's management team/Admin and your ties with Tilford... well, let's just say that anyone working with a person that's known for copyright infringement might want to step back and reconsider their position. Doug knowingly sells devices he has no legal right to and in this era of ethics and quasi-morality when it comes to such things, I just find it odd that folks would have such an opened association with the man. Too, it was my assumption (admittedly) that your ties with both, the Cafe and Tilford soured you on dealing with me... my bad.

As to your thinking I'd want anything from you prior to some kind of protective agreement between the two of us... that's just nuts. I'd never do that and believe me, in having been burnt via acts of trust I know where you're coming from.

So, getting back to the reality of it all... I'm still very open and willing to work WITH you on things and lending an honest review based on actual hands-on study but doing so in a way that protects your interests 100%

You have my contact info.

Postby Guest » July 5th, 2006, 8:50 am

Hi Craig, thanks for your reply, and thanks for keeping it normal for me, and not creeping me out.

I think I need to clear a few things up for you.

I am not apart of the Cafe Team or Admin, However I am very PROUD to say that Steve Brooks is a dear friend of mine, and I also support the cafe by writting a small and humble article every now and then, and advertise every month. I was actually the very first advertiser on The Magic Cafe and have never missed a day. You obviously have issues with the website, however I do not, and I would recommend in future that if you start accusing people of a consipiracy against you who participate in that website, when there is no conspiracy (that I am aware of), that it wouldn't be very benificial or a very professional approach to someone who you are proposing a business deal to.

As for Doug Tilford, I was only aware that guys like Devon Knight, Moyer, House of Magic etc were his main builders, and he had told me he had a few items in from a trade from before only that came from, well you know who, and he assured me that there was no legal issues being stepped on anymore. I had no reason not to believe him.

I do not always have time to follow the Magic Soap Opera, I will say that I am one of the most ethical guys in the biz and stand strongly behind the ethics of magic, and pros and ameatures alike that know me will attest to that, and to me it sounds very much like you are accusing me of something much differnt with your subtle comments above.

I do not sell or create or rip off illusions, I cannot baby sit all of my agents that sell my props, so if you have an issue with Doug Tilford you need to take it up with him, and not me.

I have many many dealers that sell my illusions and products world wide, It is sometimes hard to be 'Mr. Magic Police Man' all the time. The only thing I can do is make sure that my company only produces ethical magic. Soon, Rainmaker will be released through Murphys Magic, and Im sure there will be many magic shops who will carry the product that might have ethical issues with other products, does this make me happy, no, can I control it, no, do I have time to police everyone, ofcourse not.

I only bring this up because of the subtle comments that you posted above. I know what you were trying to do with those statements, Im not stupid. So hopefully that clears that up to for you.

Im also unsure what you didn't understand about the comment"What are the units for" in regards to your proposal,but obviously I didn't explain myself clear enough for you, and I appologize.

Well, I think we have both wasted enough of everyone's time here with our public rant with each other, so if you are done accusing me of a consipiracy against you or being unethical etc., perhaps we can put it to rest.

You have my contact info!

P.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”