Wayne Dobsons richochet

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Wayne Dobsons richochet

Postby Guest » January 31st, 2006, 6:11 am

I am a doctor/amteur mentalist.I saw the ending of a Wayne Dobson effect in India almost 11 yrs ago ....My younger brother who saw the show briefed me.Assistants give balloons on sticks to children -magician fires a gun--bullet ricochets all over the hall--bursts all balloons.It seems like a good mentalism effect but none of the magicians i have met could enlighten me on this effect.Havents found it any videos or mentalism books as yet.Any help?

Fred Zimmerman

Re: Wayne Dobsons richochet

Postby Fred Zimmerman » February 6th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Just my two-cents, but in this militaristic world we live in, children shooting guns at things for fun during a show doesn't seem like a good idea.

I know, it's just ballons, and we're all enlightened people, and we can wrap our minds around it properly, but you never know who's in the audience, and what their experience with guns has been. I would avoid using guns in a show, period, especially for children.

Perhaps in an adult, story-telling style if you're going for a very specific mood and atmosphere, but even then, it must be carefully approached.

Call me skittish, but I want to be hired back.

Fred Zimmerman

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » February 6th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Ok, so it doesn't have to be a gun that pops the balloons.

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2006, 4:03 am

Thanks Fred and Jeff....What I actually say is that I have not seen the whole show.No there need not be any guns at all.A mentalist can just make an imaginary gun or just make a gun with his fist and fingers(thumb & little and ring fingers bent inwards into palm,index and middle fingers ponted straight out) and go boom or pop and as the imaginary bullet ricochets all over the hall and the balloons go pop....Imagine the mentalist controlling the bullet to hit almost all the baloons before it looses steam...I frankly dont know the principle and have not been able to locate it in any books(ancient or otherwise).Any ideas??

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”