Penn & Teller' Prediction

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Geno Munari

Penn & Teller' Prediction

Postby Geno Munari » January 26th, 2003, 8:00 pm

If they can predict the Super Bowl Winner and the MVP, what or how do they do it? The people who are spectators are amazed? {!}

So what say you? How is it done?

By some spirit?

Whats your pleasure on this joke?

Jon Racherbaumer

Re: Penn & Teller' Prediction

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » January 26th, 2003, 8:40 pm

Methinks a nod goes to Fogel.
Much cooler handling, though.
Getting the MVP, as well, put it in the Too-Perfect category, big-time.

Just noodling here...

Onward...

Postby Guest » January 26th, 2003, 9:13 pm

Gotta give The Boys a big hand for getting magic into the heart of a Big Time Internationally Telecast Event! --Asrah

John McDonald

Postby John McDonald » January 29th, 2003, 9:20 am

I watched the Superbowl in the UK and I really enjoyed it although I stayed up till 3.30am and was up for work at 7am. :cool:

The Sky coverage ( UK version of Fox) we had did not include the Penn and Tellar Superbowl prediction.

I was just if anyone would mind describing what the effect was.

Thanks and Best wishes

John :D

Go Bucs defence!!
Best John

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » January 29th, 2003, 10:00 am

Sure... Before the game, Penn & Teller made a predicition on a large sketch pad. Teller then folded the paper so that only a corner of the paper was visible so that the host and a marine could sign the paper.

Teller then ripped the paper off and rolled it up tight and inserted it into a glass test tube. This was then placed in a large envelope and rolled up. The host and the marine, again, signed the envelope.

The envelope was placed in a capped, steel pipe and sealed shut. It was then placed in a large glass jar of pickles from the Carnegie Deli and hoisted above everyone's head and guarded by the marines.

At the conclusion of the game, they came back to Times Square, lowered the jar. Had an audience member smash the jar, lift out the pipe, remove the envelope, smash the test tube, retrieve the paper and displayed it with the winning team, correct score and MVP.

John McDonald

Postby John McDonald » January 29th, 2003, 10:04 am

Thanks Jeff. You're the best!!
Best John

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » January 29th, 2003, 10:05 am

Their naming of the MVP may have been too MVPerfect indeed.

I read that before the game, Disney signed deals with more than half the players on both teams to do the traditional "I'm going to Disneyland" commercial after the game, in the event that player won the MVP.

No such deal was struck with Dexter Jackson, who was named MVP. Apparently only P&T knew.

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » January 29th, 2003, 7:15 pm

On his new late night talk show, Jimmy Kimmell made the following observations about the Penn & Teller post Superbowl pickle jar prediction ... "Here we are on the brink of war in the Middle East and we've got Marines guarding a pickle jar in Times Square! And if you were going to guard a jar of pickles from two magicians it wouldn't be Penn & Teller anyway, it'd be Seigfried & Roy! :eek: :D ;)

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”