Yuval Kerren's Bending Coin

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Yuval Kerren's Bending Coin

Postby Guest » March 30th, 2002, 11:08 pm

What is the general concensus on this item? Elsewhere, I've been reading the argument that the need to have objects signed is purely "magician thinking", and has no place among serious mentalists. This raises an entire topic, but for the meantime, has anyone worked with Mr. Kerren's product?

Re: Yuval Kerren's Bending Coin

Postby Guest » March 31st, 2002, 1:46 pm

I know that both Banachek abd Richard Busch have a bending coin routine and David Harkey (in his book Ah-Ha) has one that I love doing. Best to check those sources first. And yes, mentalism is different than magic and signing things tend to make it look more like a magic trick unless of course it is critical to the effect.

Think about how it should look. You openly borrow a coin and make it bend with NOsuperfluous moves or cover....and if you didn't see any way the coin could be switched, then why do you need it marked?

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat

http://www.mindguy.com

Steve Knight

Postby Steve Knight » April 2nd, 2002, 1:36 pm

Uri Geller has never asked anyone to sign or mark anything before bending it, that says something. Bending a borrowed and signed coin is a superb magic trick, it just depends on what you want people to believe.

David Acer

Postby David Acer » April 3rd, 2002, 10:10 am

Sankey has a typically inspired approach to bending a coin in his forthcoming book, Sankey Unleashed. Its called "Prime Time Bend," and as I recall, its something he developed for television.

End Transmission
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Postby Guest » April 4th, 2002, 11:04 am

Please check Bill Goldman's Bar & Grill #7!
It is a real "Goldman"- easy method and a killer presentation and funny to read

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”