Looking For A Sleuth

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Looking For A Sleuth

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2003, 2:18 pm

I've been working for several years now on a Psychic Detective character and had heard of someone that did nothing but the Murder Mystery market as a Psychic Detective... I believe he lived along the east coast of the U.S.

Does anyone know who this may be and if there is a way to reach him?

Too, any ideas or resources for this kind of program (I do full evening shows as well as radio, etc.) I'm always searching.

Thanks much!

opie

Re: Looking For A Sleuth

Postby opie » February 8th, 2003, 11:04 pm

Craig, I plugged "mystery, psychic detective" into google and got pages of notes. Also, you might try "psychic detective writer" or psychic detective, writer in the specific area you are looking for....

Forgive me if I have presumed that you have not already done this, but sometimes we overlook the obvious....

opie

Postby Guest » February 9th, 2003, 9:39 am

Thanks Opie!

Yes, I have looked around... for some reason I recall seeing someone at one of the major boards post, who is now retired and specialized in doing this kind of show. Unfortunately the puritans of that famed Green forum think me too harsh to be associated with them (I think Jamie Swiss, Penn Gillette and I really need to go in there under assumed names some day :rolleyes: )so I can't verify if it was there or not.

Just got to poke around and see what surfaces I guess.

Thanks again!

David Fletcher
Favorite Magician: One who entertains

Postby David Fletcher » February 9th, 2003, 10:31 am

Craig,

The book, "Ah-Ha" has a fun psychic detective routine.
My audiences love it.

What is the "Green" forum you mentioned?

David
David Fletcher. Actor, Magician, Sailor, Ideal Dinner Guest

opie

Postby opie » February 9th, 2003, 12:54 pm

Craig, When you find a window into the green forest, Sir Robin Hood, which will overcome my totally mangled IP address there, let me know and I may follow....

Opie (not quite a puritan; let's just say I am pure but p#####....)

Postby Guest » February 9th, 2003, 1:52 pm

Originally posted by David Fletcher:
Craig,

The book, "Ah-Ha" has a fun psychic detective routine.
My audiences love it.

What is the "Green" forum you mentioned?

David
How can I answer this without raddling too many nerves due to it's lack of political correctness?

The Magic Cafe! The folks that out Disney, Disney and are more pure than the Osmonds.... (at least in their dreams)

I'll warn you Dave... if you mention my name there you'll probably get nailed by one of the 10,000 moderators they have with whipping posts... the Inquisition didn't have as many pious hypocrits doing its dirty work...

Anyhow... that's about as politically correct an answer I can give you :D

Opie... I wont waste my time trying to get back into a forum that don't want me... the Cafe is the only forum to do do what it did to me over the years. I find it ironic, I'm usually invited into the deeper realms of forums in my first month of posts, not ousted!

But as you know, I can invoke the smell of brimstone at times ;)

opie

Postby opie » February 9th, 2003, 3:25 pm

Well, smell these names and see if they help ring a bell about the writer you are looking for: Lovecraft, Rauscher, Dahl, Serling, Bradbury, james, Webster.....

Surely there is a list of mystery writers on the web that you might scan for the guy (or is it a gal?)....opie

Postby Guest » March 28th, 2003, 8:00 pm

Craig,

I do a sort of "Psychic Detective" act. My character is not exactly a detective, more of a freelance occultist, who regularly battles the forces of darkness.

Some resources for you to check out:

Docc Hilford has a Psychic detective routine on the second volume of his "weerd" videos.

Max Maven's "Pack of Criminals" published in _Magick_

Familiarize yourself with the _Hellblazer_ comic book for som ideas.

Postby Guest » April 28th, 2003, 11:45 am

His name is Dwight Kemper and he can be reached at:

http://www.murdermysterytheater.com/page1.html

John Smetana

Postby John Smetana » April 28th, 2003, 4:48 pm

Craig, you may also want to check out the website of John Sherwood.He does a show as a Sherlock Holmes character, I believe.

best thoughts,
John Smetana

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2004, 5:33 pm

Greetings, Craig:

I am Detective Chief Inspector Kemper of Scotland Yard, Master of Mystery. I've been combining mental magic and mystery for over 13 years. How may I be of assistance?

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”