Magic Age Cards

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Magic Age Cards

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Was just shown something that was very much like the Magic Age Cards (The Impenetrable Secret) but used Base 3 instead of Base 2.

Anyone know of any references to this?

Thanks

Richard Hatch

Re: Magic Age Cards

Postby Richard Hatch » December 19th, 2005, 6:05 pm

I believe it is explained in a footnote in the variant edition of EXTRAORDINARY EXHIBITIONS.

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2005, 7:45 am

Mr. Hatch,

Funny, but there is a related reference in the Ricky Jay "Books at Brown" publication. I'll let you do the homework.

What I am talking about is instead of having key numbers of 1,2,4,8,etc - the key numbers would be 1,3,6,9 and you use repeated numbers on some of the cards. Thus you ask, do you see your number on this card, do you see it more than once?

Now you can perform the same effect with fewer cards (but admittedly more questions)

Allow me to assure you that:

1) the "variant" is real and
2) it has be returned to the place it came from (not a tree)

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » December 20th, 2005, 9:07 am

Originally posted by mathtrix:
Funny, but there is a related reference in the Ricky Jay "Books at Brown" publication. I'll let you do the homework.
Hmmmm... I am familiar with H. Adrian Smith's "Books at Brown" publication, not Ricky Jay's. More homework to do...

Postby Guest » December 22nd, 2005, 11:47 pm

Mr. Hatch,

A close reading of the introductory material in
Ricky Jay's Many Mysteries Unraveled: Conjuring Literature in America 1786-1874 will provide you with the reference to which I was aluding.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”