Post Justify

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Post Justify

Postby Guest » July 23rd, 2004, 4:32 am

I have added my ebook 'Post Justify' to the pages of http://www.magic-notes.com/thenotes/det ... duct_id=46

It deals exclusively with Post It notes.

Hope you enjoy it. Sorry for this blatant one post advert, but I really need a review, and I saw Yaniv talking about his book here so I thought you may not mind

Admins please remove if this is too cheeky

Thanks

Bev

Re: Post Justify

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2004, 9:20 am

Finally, some reviews from the 'other place'

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... orum=110&2

Postby Guest » August 9th, 2004, 2:18 am

With your support I have now have the best selling ebook at magic-notes.

Thanks guys

Bev

Postby Guest » August 9th, 2004, 10:06 pm

There's some great stuff in this book. I still can't believe someone took the time to work out all these methods and ideas with Post it Notes.
I especially like the tagging and memory system he describes within the book.
Greg

Postby Guest » August 12th, 2004, 8:08 am

I've just (finally) completed my first full read of the manuscript and found it not only interesting, but practical. I've been playing with ideas for years when it comes to the Post It Note pad and Bev has opened my eyes on a few points I'd either discarded or never even considered in the past.

Well worth the money!

Postby Guest » August 14th, 2004, 6:58 am

A new review of this item has been posted on Magic Bunny

http://www.magicbunny.co.uk/phpBB2/view ... hp?t=14147

Postby Guest » August 25th, 2004, 10:31 am

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2004, 7:27 am

The 'no fixed date' for the expanded version happened to be today.

People who have already purchased the ebook will be contacted shortly with a new download link for the expanded edition

11 new pages, a new effect, two new switches and a new chapter on indexes and pocket writing have been added to the original material

Enjoy, and thanks for your support

Bev

Postby Guest » March 18th, 2005, 10:14 am

Price drop to $25

Bev

Anthony Brahams

Postby Anthony Brahams » March 19th, 2005, 3:43 pm

Was Post Justify ever reviewed in Genii, TLRing or Magic?
Anthony

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 19th, 2005, 4:06 pm

Never heard of it.
I hope the manuscript gives credit to the first magician to do a trick with a Post-It: Derek Dingle.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » March 19th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Richard,

Post-It Notes started being sold in 1980. About when did Derek Dingle figure out his routine?

FYI, a link to history of Post-It Notes:
http://inventors.about.com/library/inve ... postit.htm

Jeff

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 20th, 2005, 9:15 am

Derek created his routine in 1980-81 and it appeared in his big book in 1982.

I will ad this important note: Post-It Notes DO leave a residue, and they will damage old books and magazines if left in place long enough. Do NOT use them on books and magazine.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » March 21st, 2005, 4:51 am

Post Justify deals pretty much exclusively with mentalism using Post It notes

It's switches, peeks, and marking methods, as well as routines to illustrate these techniques

There are links to reviews on the page over at magic notes

Craig Browning wrote me a great review for Online Visions, however it has still to appear on their site for reasons unknown to me

There are also favourable reviews over at magic bunny

If any editorial staff at genii want a review copy I would be happy to oblige

Bev

Postby Guest » March 21st, 2005, 3:32 pm

Postby Guest » April 2nd, 2005, 8:46 pm

Originally posted by BevvyB:
Post Justify deals pretty much exclusively with mentalism using Post It notes

It's switches, peeks, and marking methods, as well as routines to illustrate these techniques

There are links to reviews on the page over at magic notes

Craig Browning wrote me a great review for Online Visions, however it has still to appear on their site for reasons unknown to me

There are also favourable reviews over at magic bunny

If any editorial staff at genii want a review copy I would be happy to oblige

Bev
As I said before Bev... once I send in the articles it's out of my hands... they are frequently composed six to nine months ahead of time... sorry! :(

BTW guys... it's a great little mspt. I highly recommend it. I've used some of the handling ideas in my work doing some tableside Mentalism and the people loved it... very deceptive when you stick them onto your shirt or theirs... that's all I'll say... :D

Postby Guest » April 3rd, 2005, 12:35 am

Originally posted by Craig Browning:
BTW guys... it's a great little mspt.
I started looking for the misprint (yes, I really did). The I realised that it must be a manuscript.

Lts nt v ne mr txt spk, pls.

Dave

Postby Guest » April 5th, 2005, 8:49 am

Anyone doing this type of effect with Post-It notes...
do you ever get comments about being able to see the writing through the paper? Post-Its aren't that heavy and you can see writing through them.
Just curious.
Gary

Postby Guest » April 5th, 2005, 9:25 am

Never had any problem with 'but you can see through it' comments from anyone regarding post it notes

This ebook is more about devious things you would never have thought of doing with post it notes, although there are a couple of peeks in the ebook, in no way are they the most creative techniques therein

I am actually quite proud of how much this ebook ISNT about peeking, and to be perfectly honest, when it comes to peeking I personally prefer more traditional methods using index cards. However, this means that at all times I carry my index cards AND post it notes, as they are both capable of doing entirely different things. In my opinion, post it notes let you do some of the most transparent switching there is.

I would tell you more but I can't!

Bev

Postby Guest » April 6th, 2005, 5:29 am

Originally posted by geedubya:
Anyone doing this type of effect with Post-It notes...
do you ever get comments about being able to see the writing through the paper? Post-Its aren't that heavy and you can see writing through them.
Just curious.
Gary
Honestly, I've heard lay people ASSUME such things about index card stock as well... people need to come up with explanations sometimes :rolleyes:

The other side of this coin... I've used Rolling Papers as billets (when I had nothing else available)... talk about see through! :eek: But, when you approach things with confidence and go about your presentation in a nonchalant manner, you'd be surprised as to what you can really get away with and still leave the taste of intrigue in their mouths :p Well, consciousness at least... :D

Docc Hilford was the first person I was do anything with Post It notes (FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BILLET) but what Bev has produced lends to the performer some very interesting yet, subtle advantages that take the idea of basic billet work several steps further down the path than most anything I've seen in a very long time.

I will stress that these are not techniques that the typical Reader should use... too complicated and in my opinion "suspicious". But it's great for those that "Perform" (especially in pre-show! Nothing like having someone fill out a slip and seal it closed, only to open it later for verification... and it's been in their possession the entire time :cool: )

Later!

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”