20 questions

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

20 questions

Postby Guest » December 28th, 2004, 9:29 pm

OK,

While not exactly mind reading, its pretty close to having ones mind read.
This is very spooky. I got the hand-held version for Christmas and its darned good in itself.

I apologize in advance for the upcoming wasted hours you will spend with this.
Click on this site: http://y.20q.net/

Skip the formalities and press play.

Let me know what ya think?

TG

Pete Biro

Re: 20 questions

Postby Pete Biro » December 28th, 2004, 11:10 pm

Wow. I thought of roller skates and it came close saying "ice skates" - if they had left of the word "ice" it would have been a miracle hit.
Stay tooned.

Vraagaard

Postby Vraagaard » December 29th, 2004, 4:22 am

I thought of Bolt, and it didn't come close. I even disagreed with some of the answers i gave afterwards. But I see how it works, simply one big elimination matrix.

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » December 29th, 2004, 7:06 am

Not exactly mindreading indeed!

That was terrible! It didn't guess my word (suitcase) and it disagreed with over 50% of my answers. I understand that it's in development but that still leaves it an uneffective waste of time.
:whack:

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2004, 7:58 am

Hum, very good.
I love this kind of games.
This is another one (old known) : http://www.magictricks.co.uk/mindreader/MagicTricksMR

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2004, 4:16 pm

It started of amazing me by getting a vegatable I

was thinking of in less than twenty guesses - a

truffel. But I came back and it gave up on my

next one - magic wand . Thanks for posting it - it

was fun . . . Mike

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2004, 5:38 pm

It worked great for me. Peacock, paper, scissors, top hat... it got them all. Top hat did take some 30 questions though. I did my dissertation on expert systems so I am naturally interested in these kind of things.

One day, when this kind of database is large enough (and it will be since all what we put there will be recorded. And hence the nationality and sex demographics) a good performer could put this in a good use.

Think about it. You, as a performer, already know the demographics and store them in. You now have an idea what sort of things people usually think (a starting point). I would say that less than 10 questions should do it. If we add showmanship, observation, and vague enought answers (as Pete said, skates would have produced a miracle hit) ir could seem as real mind reading done with just a couple of questions.

In fact, add a swami gimmick and you can pretend that the last two or three questions for just to let you show off that you even knew beforehand answers to specific questions.

Naturally one would need an assistant but still, it could create wonders.

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2004, 5:26 pm

I really like the idea of using a Swami with this program....

At our national SAM Board meeting in San Francisco last month, Bruce Kalver had a key-chain-size (whatever you call it) that has this program. We played with it one evening at dinner, and the thing really comes close to some accurate answers....Bruce said he got it at WalMart for about ten bucks. I think the name of it is something like "Twenty Questions", and it is probably in the toy section somewhere....I think I will go search for it at WalMart....I can put it on my other key chain which keeps saying, "Seven of Clubs"....hehe....(BTW, my little programmable key chain came from Radio Shack)....

Thanks again for the Swami idea....

opie

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”