Custom Jumbo ESP Cards

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
JFox

Custom Jumbo ESP Cards

Postby JFox » August 3rd, 2004, 12:19 pm

I am in need of 11 different Jumbo ESP/Geometric symbol cards for an effect I want to use in my show - based on Becker's 'Track Record' (3/5 force). Apparently no commercial Jumbo ESP Decks exist that have more than the standard 5 symbols(I've tride N. Lester and 'cards4magic'). So I guess that I'll have to get these cards custom-made/printed. Getting Jumbo blank-face cards is the easy part. I'm not so clear on how to go about approaching Kinkos or a printer with my needs. I know what picture/symbols I want on the cards, but what exactly what do I need to bring with me to the printer besides the blank-face Jumbo and my designs drawn on paper? I do have a computer and printer, but I admit my ignorance on programs such as PhotoShop, etc.
Any advise would be appreciated. Or if anyone out there wants to make up the cards for me and quote me a price (I'd also require one DF prediction card)...drop me a line,
Thanks--Joe (Joefox@wgn.net)

Frank Yuen

Re: Custom Jumbo ESP Cards

Postby Frank Yuen » August 3rd, 2004, 2:12 pm

If finish isn't a consideration, you could jusr print or color copy the designs onto full sheet labels. If it is, you could then laminate the cards or use transparent label stock which has a slicker finish.

Frank Yuen

Postby Guest » August 3rd, 2004, 3:00 pm

Frank, how do you keep your prints on the clear material from smearing? I've tried and its been a problem, do you need to let it set for a period of time?
Steve V

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » August 3rd, 2004, 3:20 pm

I had my color copies done at a local copy shop and didn't have a problem with smearing. I assume they used a laser printer/copier.

Frank Yuen

JFox

Postby JFox » August 3rd, 2004, 5:42 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I now think that the simpliest idea is to obtain 5 standard Jumbo ESP (Black symbol)cards and 5 Jumbo ESP (Colored symbol)cards...which would give me 10 different cards,and then just needing to come up with 1 more different Jumbo symbol card. Anyone know of a source in the States that sells Jumbo COLORED ESP cards? (N. Lester doesn't have them).

cataquet

Postby cataquet » August 4th, 2004, 5:55 am

I know this may sound silly, but why not just use jumbo cards Ace thru Jack of the same suit?

Bye for now

Harold

JFox

Postby JFox » August 4th, 2004, 9:01 am

...because I want to get away from it looking like another "Card Trick".

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2004, 2:42 pm

There is a GREAT dvd out called Versitile Monte that is brand new that explains how to make your own gimmicked and special cards with your home printer! There are tons of examples given and the DVD is less than $20! Well worth it!
Drop me a line if you'd like one!!

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”