Envelopes for L. Becker's "Psycho II"

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Envelopes for L. Becker's "Psycho II"

Postby Guest » May 5th, 2005, 9:42 am

I'm having difficulty locating the proper envelopes required for this effect (3 nesting semi-transparent coin envelopes).
Anyone know the where to obtain the envelopes these days? Jeff Busby released this effect years ago. Would be willing to purchase this item too, if need be.

Anthony Blake

Re: Envelopes for L. Becker's "Psycho II"

Postby Anthony Blake » May 6th, 2005, 10:34 am

The type of envelopes you need are "real" Manila envelopes, not the Kraft kind that they sell in places like Staples, Office Depot/Max, etc... those are too thick to be used and do not have the translucent qualities needed... real Manila envelopes are getting harder and harder to find, but there is a solution...

I get my Manila envelopes in bulk at a local paper supply house... you live in LA and the same company I get mine from has locations somewhere near you... the company is Kelly Paper and they have tons of goodies that can be used by mentalists... the only challenge is that you'll have to buy complete boxes of the envelopes you need, but the bright side is that you'll have plenty on hand for not only "Psycho II" but other effects that need real Manila envelopes (such as Cassidy's "White Dwarf")...

You can find the location of the nearest Kelly Paper to you by checking out their store locator HERE ...

Also, when you visit Kelly talk to one of their salesmen, tell them what you need and why you need it and they may give you a handful of samples of the envelopes (or sell you a smaller amount)... I've always found them to be helpful with what you need and intrigued as how you are going to "use" the materials they have...

Hope this helps...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader

co-founder " The Mentalist Alliance "

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2005, 11:20 am

You might check out:

http://www.iteminfo.com/Product.asp?subcat=2012727

I have found the 20# envelopes translucent enough for mentalism work.

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Thank you, Tony and Ben for your information! I will be checking out both sources.

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2005, 7:55 am

Yes I must agree that the Kelly paper Co. is among the Best......As an added note

Let me advise anyone reading this to have NOTHING to do with Jeff Busby !!!!!

As many of the Forum readers will have read in the past ( Just go away) this Creep is Nothing more that a Thief & a Con man...You have been warned .

BEWARE OF JEFF BUSBY

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”