Does anyone know about a way you can guess a person Birthday

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Does anyone know about a way you can guess a person Birthday

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2006, 6:00 pm

I am trying to put some mentalism in a social setting this is one I have heard about where someone guesses a person Birthday. If you know of a book or how this is done please let me know. Also trying to find a good book on mentalism that can be done in bar, social or parties that help do reading of people any books or suggestion. Thanks ;)

Erik Hemming

Re: Does anyone know about a way you can guess a person Birthday

Postby Erik Hemming » March 9th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Alain Nu has a delightful solution.

Seek his XXX Hardcore or Karr's Mystery School volume.

Warning: It's WORK and it is focused on Zodiac signs...with an increased probability of a hit on the actual birthday. But if you're up to it....it's truly magic.

Gordo

Postby Guest » March 11th, 2006, 12:32 pm

The old Carnie approach to the weight guessing game is also effective-----NW

BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Postby BlueEyed Videot » March 11th, 2006, 8:23 pm

There's also a simply delightful birthday divining horoscope routine in Christian Chelman's Capricornian Tales. It's named "Zodiac". I can personally vouch for its effectiveness.

Postby Guest » March 13th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Osterlind has a solution that is on one of his video's I believe.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB Stagecraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
HGot your copy of The complete THE MENTALIST yet?

Postby Guest » May 4th, 2006, 1:03 am

There's one in Al Koran's Professional Presentations. The only change I would make in it would be to eliminate the playing cards and use business cards or something like that, instead.

Postby Guest » May 13th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Does anyone here know Eugene's surname?

Postby Guest » May 24th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Originally posted by lord_pasternack:
for some reason I'm hearing Tibetan monks ... maybe it starts with an "O"? ... something like Oneida or Oreganoff?

btw, if we are talking about the same Eugene, he was born on July 17, 1922, had a pet duck named Paprika when he was 12, and actually enjoys Brussels sprouts

am I close? :D

Postby Guest » May 24th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Originally posted by SAM59member:
I am trying to put some mentalism in a social setting this is one I have heard about where someone guesses a person Birthday. If you know of a book or how this is done please let me know. Also trying to find a good book on mentalism that can be done in bar, social or parties that help do reading of people any books or suggestion. Thanks ;)
More seriously: would this be for a younger crowd (college age through twenties)?

The reason I ask is that the older that people are, the more they might be concerned about issues of identity theft [and gossips] -- "guessing" someone's birthday correctly might set off alarms for some people as would "guessing" their Social Security Number or one of their credit-card numbers

That aside, of course I wish you well in your adventures ;)

Postby Guest » May 31st, 2006, 9:50 am

This is the solution to your quest... ASCENSION

I highly recommend ordering this now in that the price is going to go up (soon!)

An Important Note... Edward Stien ripped the community off recently with his ASTROSTAR effect... there is no kinder way of saying this. I've had nearly a dozen professional math professors, statisticians and physicist try to figure out his "easy to do" math formula and NONE OF THEM COULD. This is not a concern with ASCENSION! It's simple, professional and practical all the way through!

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2006, 5:27 am

I just learned of ASCENSION via this thread and I received it yesterday. Thank you. Thank you. This is versatile and wonderful. I'll use it as soon as I can. It is worth the price. I have avoided horiscope work, but this is worth using it with the right audiences.

Frank

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2006, 6:35 am

Not sure if this counts - I received it in an e-mail recently.

YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE MATHS

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10).

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold).

3. Add 5.

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator.

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1756. If you haven't, add 1755.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number. The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week). The next two numbers are YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!).

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2006) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS.

Postby Guest » July 6th, 2006, 2:25 am

Originally posted by Craig Browning:
This is the solution to your quest... ASCENSION

I highly recommend ordering this now in that the price is going to go up (soon!)

[b]An Important Note...
Edward Stien ripped the community off recently with his ASTROSTAR effect... there is no kinder way of saying this. I've had nearly a dozen professional math professors, statisticians and physicist try to figure out his "easy to do" math formula and NONE OF THEM COULD. This is not a concern with ASCENSION! It's simple, professional and practical all the way through! [/b]
I got one of the first copies of ASTROSTAR that came into the US, when Ted Lesley brought a couple of copies over a few years ago. Ted could do the calculations in his head. I couldn't figure out even where to begin. But Ted used to be an accountant, which might explain a lot.

Postby Guest » October 15th, 2006, 2:48 am

Well i do know quite a few people who perform the Astrostar with no problemes at all! To name a few you might know! Nicolai Friedrich, Thomas Fraps and Pit Hartling who are all members of the Flicking Fingers!

But on the other hand if it does get a bad review everybody who does it should be clad because now you have a miracle in your hands which hardly anybode does!

Shure there is some math involved but a 10 year old could do it!

I do not know what kind of math professors you have in the states but if they can not figure this out they should not be teaching!

Greetings from Germany

Stefan

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2006, 9:57 am

Most mentalists know a bazillion peeks, why not use one of them? A good super sharpie could work wonders with a wondow envelope or a suc.

Postby Guest » December 21st, 2006, 2:25 am

Originally posted by lord_pasternack:
nope, if you get on Derrens site, why not ask him. ;)
( thought you will be dissapointed, as its only a link to his shop.) :) :) :)

Postby Guest » December 21st, 2006, 2:26 am

I have a pall, who just can do this. He just gets very lucky 90% of the time. And, Ive never seen him get the month wrong.

Postby Guest » December 21st, 2006, 2:39 pm

I haven't seen Ascension so I can't comment on it. It sounds great! For a no-prop astrological sign divination, I've been using Doug Dyment's "Sign Language" for years and I've gotten wonderful responses every time. You can find it at http://www.deceptionary.com.
I have no financial interest in this; I'm just a very pleased consumer!
Bob Taxin
btaxin@mindspring.com

Fred Zimmerman

Postby Fred Zimmerman » December 21st, 2006, 2:45 pm

Hi,

This is a less direct way of doing it, but any Datebook Effect could be routined to show a result of "I knew when your Birthday was because ..."

Fred Zimmerman

Postby Guest » December 24th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Originally posted by Stefan Sprenger:
Well i do know quite a few people who perform the Astrostar with no problemes at all! To name a few you might know! Nicolai Friedrich, Thomas Fraps and Pit Hartling who are all members of the Flicking Fingers!

But on the other hand if it does get a bad review everybody who does it should be clad because now you have a miracle in your hands which hardly anybode does!

Shure there is some math involved but a 10 year old could do it!

I do not know what kind of math professors you have in the states but if they can not figure this out they should not be teaching!

Greetings from Germany

Stefan
Actually, the problem is more with the unclear translation than it is with the calculations. Anything that is badly explained is difficult to do.

Postby Guest » December 25th, 2006, 3:30 am

Ok ... i can not say anything about the translation since i only know the german version!

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2007, 10:22 pm

I have the first copy of it that came into the US. Ted Lesley gave it to me. I was amazed at how unclear it was. I wish he'd given me the German version, instead.

The best way to do this, though, is in a book by Robert Parrish and Oscar Weigle called Do That Again!

It's called "The Direct Divination." It was the subject of some controversy over at the "green place" a few years ago when, as an April Fool's gag, someone had posted that I had devised a No Fishing word diviniation method. The joke was on them, because I posted about this idea, and told people I was under a special agreement not to release the material.

Eventually the people who perpetrated the joke were banned from the green place.

Since the controversy is over, I'll 'splain it here.

Imagine this. A spectator thinks of a word. He writes it down, you reveal the word. You could do the same thing with a birthday.

Here's the method:

This appears on page 17 of Parrish and Weigle's "..do that again" as "The Direct Divination."

"As soon as the person has written, step up to him and grasp him by the collar in such a way that the thumb presses on his jugular vein. Bring your head close to his, 'to establish telepathic contact,' and hiss, 'Tell me what you wrote or I'll choke hell out of you!'

"This you proceed to do unless he follows your instructions. In fact, it is best to kill the man anyway, thus leaving you clean at the finish.

"The success of this trick depends on selecting a man smaller than yourself."

Postby Guest » February 24th, 2007, 9:54 pm

I like that method Mr Palmer...sounds like something "Jack Bauer" would do!

Postby Guest » February 25th, 2007, 7:28 pm

For a social setting, another option would be to borrow someone's driver's license (with an appropriate contrivance) note/peek the date using favorite method. Then *much* later (i.e., after several other wonders) guess the birth date....

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”