THIEVES

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

THIEVES

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2005, 6:02 am

It's funny, how we get curious from time to time so we do a google to see where our web site and/or name stands with the on line search engines... such was the case this morning and to my surprise, I found two web sites that had published my articles from VISIONS as if I'd written it for them...

The European City Guide

EasyMentalism.com

Shane has been made aware of this and I'm passing word to other contributors to VISIONS that have likewise been affected. I would ask that if any of you are aware of who publishes these guides (or any other source I've yet to discover), please let Shane or I know.

Thanks!

John LeBlanc

Re: THIEVES

Postby John LeBlanc » December 20th, 2005, 6:24 am

I had "discussions" with the owner of easymentalism.com back in April of this year. He was doing the same thing with the content from my blog. He isn't any more.

If an email to him doesn't do the trick, let me know and I'll lend a hand.

John
http://www.escamoteurettes.comc/blog/

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » December 20th, 2005, 1:29 pm

The European City Guide has only a link to your page. Is that bad?

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » December 22nd, 2005, 5:51 am

For those that don't know, you can use Google to see who's linking to you as well as other interesting information.

See THESE TIPS.

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2005, 1:53 am

Shane looked into it and evedently it has something to do with the RSS thing... I'm a total dolt when it comes to all the technology stuff but I've been told that it's a "good thing" by more than one source and NOT theft in that it's just links to the original publications.

You've got to admit though... to be a writer and finding your stuff somewhere you don't remember ever submitting to and knowing who you wrote certain articles for... well, it shakes you up a bit.

No harm, no fowl I guess... ;)

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”