Corinda's Powers of Darkness

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Corinda's Powers of Darkness

Postby Guest » June 3rd, 2002, 10:21 pm

Hey Guys and Gals,

Can anyone give me a refrence for Corinda's Powers of Darkness trick? If it is in 13 Steps, I can't find it. Anyway, any help will be great.

John Pezzullo

Re: Corinda's Powers of Darkness

Postby John Pezzullo » June 4th, 2002, 3:53 am

David,

I can't provide an exact year of publication, but I think that Tony Corinda published 'The Powers of Darkness' manuscript back in the late 1950s. Magic Inc. (Chicago) used to have it listed in their catalogue. I'd suggest contacting them to check if they're still able to supply it.

You may also want to check Mike Caveney's variation on the theme, a routine that he published in a small booklet titled "Ideas" (published in 1982). Mike's routine uses coathangers:

"The thing that bothered me about Corinda's original idea was that it used two metal rings that looked very much like Linking Rings. During the routine the gap in the key is exposed to everyone in the audience. I decided to substitute something for the rings that was a common everyday object."
Regards,

John

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 4th, 2002, 10:08 pm

There is no question in my mind that Caveney's is the way to go. The hanger(s) is a natural prop – even in its bent state. You can make it up yourself, but I recommend that you purchase the props from Caveney. For a mere $50 you get high quality – very visible – props and the routine and a video. And yes – Caveney owns the rights to market “The Powers of Darkness.” Check it out at http://www.mcmagicwords.com/

Dustin

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2002, 10:10 pm

Cool. Thanx for the help, guys!

Best,
David

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”