Houdini Personally Owned Cuffs for sale - NOW

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Houdini Personally Owned Cuffs for sale - NOW

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2007, 5:38 pm

HARRY HOUDINI PERSONALLY OWNED MATCHED
PLUG HANDCUFFS AND PLUG LEG IRONS

To all serious collectors of magic memoribillia and restraints. I am liquidating the last remaining items I have that were owned by Harry Houdini.

As an introduction, I am Michael Griffin. I have been a performing Escape Artist for a number of years www.escapeguy.com

I am the only entertainer to ever win the World Magic Awards twice for the same category (Best Escape Artist), I have travelled around the World and during the course of my adventures assembled one of the great handcuff collections featuring some of the World's rarest restraints ever seen. I have also supplied some of the World's greatest collectors with extremely rare items of both Houdini and Restraints.

During those years of collecting I made the aquaintance of a Nick Stone who was a Vaudeville Escape Artist/Magician and a reknowned collector of locks and restraints amassing a collection that had to be weighed rather than counted.

Some of Nick's possesions came from the estate of Jimmy Collins, Houdini's right hand man and assistant and some would say the secret brains behind some of History's Greatest Escapes. Jimmy Collins inherited some of Houdini's items and some of them in turn ended up in Nick's massive collection.

I purchased a good amount of Houdini's items from Nick in 1989. Among them were mechanical lock pics, handcuffs and leg irons.

Over the course of several years I would let an item go for sale. David Copperfield approached me several times to purchase some and we couldn't agree on price.

I had several conversations with the Owner of the Houdini Museum in Niagra Falls. He agreed that my items were legitimate but that if he and his partner Sid Radner could have them they would increase the value because everyone knows who they were and that it came from the museum. I declined this offer and sold a few items to private Houdini collectors who were quite pleased with the purchases.

I am now offering the below items as a set.

They are a set of 1880's Plug Handcuffs manufactured by Thompson, inside measurements are approx 2 1/4 x 2 1/2. There is a debate if Thompson was an American Company or Australian. The cuffs are in great shape for their age and work perfectly.

The Plug Leg Irons are of the same period they appear to be stamped with a 30 or a 50. They measure approx. 3 x 3 1/4 and are 17 inches in length. They too work extremely well.

These Houdini owned items will come along with a certificate of authenticity detailing where they came from.

I have tried not to be so long winded, but to the nature and history of these restraints I feel it is necessary.

I will be listing a couple of more Houdini items.
ebay listing escapeguy.com

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”