Wanted Bob Kohler's "Ultimate 3 Fly"

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Wanted Bob Kohler's "Ultimate 3 Fly"

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2002, 5:08 pm

If you have one for sale, or know some that has one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks

Re: Wanted Bob Kohler's "Ultimate 3 Fly"

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2002, 5:28 pm

Hi. There is a set on auction on ebay - ends 12 JAN. Check item #1057686509.

best,
Mike

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2002, 5:32 pm

Thanks, I want to stay away from auctions. I'd rather make an offer, have the seller agree and be done with it,no need to wait for someone to try and beat you out at the last minute of the auction.
:D

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2002, 6:28 pm

Or....you could get it from Bob. He's selling them. I picked one up just before Christmas from him.

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2002, 6:59 pm

Steve, Great idea.
Can you email me his contact info?

Thanks
Scotto

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2002, 9:23 pm

Hi Scotto,

I have passed on your request directly to Bob Kohler.

Regards,

Paul Green

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 9th, 2002, 9:17 pm

Paul: Is it "that good?" The Dutch lad, Dan Lefay, did a version at the Castle last night.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » January 9th, 2002, 10:42 pm

Originally posted by Pete Biro:
Paul: Is it "that good?" The Dutch lad, Dan Lefay, did a version at the Castle last night.

When Paul Wilson lectured here last summer, he did it in my living room. It is that good. I don't the routine he uses is Kohler's verbatim, but the vanishes/reappearances are about as magical as magic gets. The damn coins just go away, and show up somewhere else.

Bill Mullins

Postby Guest » January 9th, 2002, 11:18 pm

Hi Pete,

The Kohler version is indeed very magical. There are some things you can do that just cannot be done any other way. So in answer to your question----It is pretty darn good!

Hi Bill,

Paul Wilson's version is indeed very magical.

Both of these versions have many positives. Is one better than the other???? I have used them both. I refuse to choose between them. Besides, both Bob and Paul are my pals.

Regards,

Paul Green

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 9th, 2002, 11:49 pm

OK mean green machine... when i see you work the castle c u room... i 'spect to see you do it well... or is it do it, well?
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » January 10th, 2002, 2:27 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help. I have a three fly on the way as I type.

Thanks again,

Scotto :D

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2002, 12:21 pm

It's a good thing you are getting one directly from Bob, the ebay one sold for $410.00. I can't believe someone paid about $100.00 more when they can get one from Bob still.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1057686509

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2002, 12:26 pm

Maybe Bob should just post the ones he has left on eBay :D

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2002, 2:23 pm

Good point.

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2002, 5:47 pm

I believe someone is selling a set of walking liberty/kohler 3 fly coins. half dollar size. ebay. type in key word "lasson"

Postby Guest » January 30th, 2002, 5:46 am

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that the version of 3-fly I performed at the castle was not Bob's.
Normally I DO his ultimate 3-fly wich is by far the most clean and convincing version available. But I was just curious if people would notice a routine that I developed myself the past 5 years. I think Pete did, although it's hard for me to judge from his short message if he liked it or not!?
So tell me Pete, what did you think about it?

If you are really into the effect though, just buy the ultimate thing from Bob. It will give you a serious kick performing it...

Postby Guest » January 31st, 2002, 9:00 am

I would love to see a demo of 3 Fly. Does anyone know of any websites that show an online demo of 3 Fly?

thanks,

Postby Guest » January 31st, 2002, 9:19 am

I don't know of any magic sites that have online demos of three fly. But if you want to see what it looks like on video, check out Paul Wilson's "Knock Em Dead", or Gary Kurtz "Making Magic", or Curtis Kam's "Palms of Steel". These are all readily available videos off the top of my head that have 3 fly routines in them.

The only one to see Kohler's on video is to buy his routine, so you aren't going to see that anywhere other than live performances or buying it.

Dan

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”