stuff on ebay

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Pete Biro

stuff on ebay

Postby Pete Biro » May 13th, 2002, 1:14 pm

I just posted a Koornwinder Kar, Gaetan Bloome Ring Flight and a Connie Haden Holdout on ebay... let the bidding begin! Oh, and an ancient jumbo locking card box in German Silver. A beauty. More to come... (anybody know what the Owen all metal arm chopper is worth? Or a set of Mint Rings N Things multiplying bottles?) :confused:
Stay tooned.

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: stuff on ebay

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » May 13th, 2002, 2:44 pm

Can you give us your eBay ID or a link to these auctions? Thanks!

-Jim

M. Sibbernsen

Postby M. Sibbernsen » May 13th, 2002, 3:01 pm

Here is a link... Pete\'s Auctions

Pete, while two of the photos on eBay only expose to the discerning eye, the Geaton Bloom Flying Ring shot is perhaps a bit too explicit. Any chance of changing this picture?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 13th, 2002, 3:04 pm

I really don't think a photo on eBay exposes anything to a laymen. The person would have to know the trick, then study the photo intently to understand what he might be seeing. I really don't think anyone cares that much except the magician who is going to buy the item!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

M. Sibbernsen

Postby M. Sibbernsen » May 13th, 2002, 3:09 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
I really don't think a photo on eBay exposes anything to a laymen. The person would have to know the trick, then study the photo intently to understand what he might be seeing. I really don't think anyone cares that much except the magician who is going to buy the item!
Hi Richard,

I was thinking more of the magicians who have already purchased the secret and those who have not.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 13th, 2002, 3:39 pm

Hmmm. will see, but I doubt if I can change it as it is in the ebay databank... the Koornwinder kar sold immediately... should have priced it higher?

Search name of items on ebay is fastest way to find. I use my real name petebiro on ebay (and everywhere -- I HATE HANDLES, fake names, etc.)
Stay tooned.

M. Sibbernsen

Postby M. Sibbernsen » May 13th, 2002, 3:43 pm

Hi Pete,

I did not even see the K-Kar listed it went so fast. What did you have it listed for?

(And I just purchased a Kar from Dick at full price...ah well. Well worth it.)

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 13th, 2002, 4:05 pm

75 bucks for the Kar... what is retail? Did I blow it? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Stay tooned.

M. Sibbernsen

Postby M. Sibbernsen » May 13th, 2002, 4:13 pm

Originally posted by Pete Biro:
75 bucks for the Kar... what is retail? Did I blow it? :confused: :confused: :confused:
New, Dick is charging $79. So I'm sure both you and the buyer did well. You getting almost full price, and them getting an earlier numbered collectable.

Dick Koornwinder

Postby Dick Koornwinder » May 13th, 2002, 7:03 pm

Yes I know my Kars are selling very fast. I agree with Michael Sibbernsen, Pete did well!
Especially if you realize I selected Pete a couple of years ago as the test driver for the US. So it was a present and that explains why Pete didn't know the retail prize. If Mr. Biro has sold a Kar I built in the seventies he has done wrong :) :) These Kars are prized at the moment much higher. BTW if you are interested in an original Koornwinder Kar send me a mail and I'll send you a photo of the Kar and a 5 second clip of the crash location. This feat is not to be seen on the Tamariz tapes.

Dick Koornwinder
(The only Koornwinder Kar dealer in this part of the universe)

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2002, 4:04 am

Pete a set of mint RNT Bottles should fetch between 350 to 600 for a 9 bottle set.

Reeman

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 14th, 2002, 6:41 pm

Thanks Chris... not sure if I will put them up for sale, tho' I sure like them. :(
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2002, 7:42 pm

An Owens metal arm chopper ?, bring it to the magic jamboree,,if I dont buy it, I am sure someone will,,,Stan the Man

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 14th, 2002, 10:33 pm

Stan... will do MC and Lecture -- am working on some new stuff... so if I flop... there's always next year! :D :D :D
Stay tooned.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”