Bands For Folding Quarter

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Steve Mills

Bands For Folding Quarter

Postby Steve Mills » June 22nd, 2002, 6:45 pm

My apo;ogies, but I can't find the right spot.

Still cleaning out around here and found 2 folding quarters where the bands have totally rotted away.

If I recall correctly, these use an orthodontic band. Can any one tell me what to ask for at the drugstore. I would really hate to tell the druggist I need bands for a folding quarter.

Thanks....
Steve

Pete Biro

Re: Bands For Folding Quarter

Postby Pete Biro » June 23rd, 2002, 10:17 am

They are "dental ligatures" Roy Keuppes (SP?) sells 'em by the bag.

You could tell the pharmacy person "I need some of those little biddy rubber bands to hold my kids braces in place."

However, there are different sizes... you should try to get the correct ones.

If you go on ebay and look in the magic stuff and see stuff sold with "snack time" in the title (I guess you can search) you will find the man with the bands... I just did the same. ;)
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » June 23rd, 2002, 10:19 am

In an emergency (here's a tip worth the price of your Genii subscription) you can take a small rubber band, break it so you have a single strand... now wrap it around the coin a few times so it overlaps. It will lock in place, then trim off the excess. I used to use this method with halves, and hope it might do same with the smaller coin. (I just got a 50 cent Euro coin, which is a tad bigger than a US quarter... for my coming vacation in Italy and France). :cool: :cool: :cool:
Stay tooned.

Steve Mills

Postby Steve Mills » June 23rd, 2002, 10:31 am

Pete,

Thanks, I'll run it down.

Take Care.....
Steve

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”