WTB Silver Extraction variation

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
George Olson

WTB Silver Extraction variation

Postby George Olson » August 28th, 2007, 3:20 pm

At lunch today, Dwight Vance told me about a Silver Extraction variation hwere-in the coin is just the copper; ie: the silver ostensibly has been chemically removed.

Anybody remember or ever have such an animal?

GO

Pete Biro

Re: WTB Silver Extraction variation

Postby Pete Biro » August 28th, 2007, 3:48 pm

Nope... but dat don't mean it don't be. I got the old original clear plastic half. You gotta check out the new shell and coin set Thomas Wayne is making from Caino Slot Machine coins (dollar size).
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2007, 4:18 pm

Originally posted by George Olson:
At lunch today, Dwight Vance told me about a Silver Extraction variation hwere-in the coin is just the copper; ie: the silver ostensibly has been chemically removed.

Anybody remember or ever have such an animal?

GO
Yes, Richard Hatch made some back in the early 1090s and I have a few of the coins. And yes they are just the copper part of the coin. You might want to ask him.

George Olson

Postby George Olson » August 28th, 2007, 5:01 pm

Thanks Pete and Jonathan

I'll certainly check it out.

GO

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Don't remember a Silver Extraction variation like that but there used to be an effect called, Alchemist's Fantasy that had a half dollar which had been acid washed or something like that so that all that remained was the copper inside.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”