Koorwinder Kar

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Koorwinder Kar

Postby Guest » May 20th, 2006, 10:44 pm

Looking for an used unti in good condition.

Thanks

Herman Koster

Re: Koorwinder Kar

Postby Herman Koster » May 21st, 2006, 3:17 am

Hi Carlos.
Try Jan Monnikendam in The Netherlands.
He still has a couple of Kars in stock.
his email is: monniken@worldonline.nl

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2006, 8:19 am

I got mine from hocus pocus about a year ago. They don't have any listed on their site right now, but they have the "Lego" version for $85.

Postby Guest » May 22nd, 2006, 11:47 pm

Herman,

no response from Jan. Rob, the lego version is just.... a lego version. I am looking for the original and I know a few of the readers have them in drawer giving it no use.
Anyone?

Postby Guest » May 23rd, 2006, 3:29 am

Hi,
i have bought two months ago an original Koornwinder kar from Hocus-Pocus, but it's not for sale.
Maybe it is a very high price, but i saw now in the hocus-pocus.com site that for 595 $ there is an original koornwinder kar made by ken brooke.
You can go on the site and check it out.
Otherwise, make sure to check often the hocus-pocus site, because a lot of time an original koornwinder kar pops out!

Postby Guest » May 23rd, 2006, 7:21 am

Originally posted by crimsonking:

Maybe it is a very high price, but i saw now in the hocus-pocus.com site that for 595 $ there is an original koornwinder kar made by ken brooke.
You can go on the site and check it out.
I don't profess to be an expert, but I'm wondering about the description of the car on the HP site.

Ken issued a "Nemo" version of the Koornwinder car, which was made from Match Box style cast metal cars. They had a couple of features which were not in the original. I THINK the cars were made by Jim Hill (or was it Hooper). It's been a long time...... There may have been a prototype by Ken, but this one sure looks like that short run.

sam

Postby Guest » May 23rd, 2006, 7:26 am

Originally posted by Steve Mills:
Ken issued a "Nemo" version of the Koornwinder car, ...
What I recall from Ken Brooke's item is the Nemo Card Control came with the car. I can recall the red car, the instruction sheets and ... gosh that was 1975!

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 23rd, 2006, 8:54 am

Contacty Dick Koornwinder direct at dkmagic@planet.nl

The original Kars, made by Dick came in two sizes. One like we all see and a very limited number were made about four times larger, for use with jumbo cards.

The Kard Kontrol (Koornwinder's) was/is included.

Jim Hooper, working for Ken Brooke did assemble a very few limited versions of the Kar made from real Matchbox antique style cars. The difference, other than the appearance, was that the Matchbox cars were run along side the cards on the table and would TURN and stop at the chosen card.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » May 23rd, 2006, 10:04 am

Well, now I'm curious, so I dug out my old instructions.

I was wrong - Ken did not use the Nemo moniker - it was just referred to as the "De-luxe model".

The other differences were a longer run and there was no necessity to lift the car as in the original model.

As Jonathan points out, the Nemo Card Control was included, which was an immediate success "thanks to Pete Biro's applications....."

Someday, I need to complete the refurbishment of mine. The original tires rotted away and I replaced them with O Rings, which worked fine. Ken referred to alterations to the "tyres", which I never figured out. I would assume it has to do with assisting the turn Pete mentioned.

sam

Postby Guest » May 23rd, 2006, 4:40 pm

The DeLuxe Koornwinder Kar, as Ken Brooke explained to me, because it would take a month or two to supply the one I ordered back in the 70's,had to be modified by a jeweler. It is a
Matchbox Yesteryear model of the 1914 Prince Henry Vauxhall, the world's first true sports car
reproduced from the car in the famous Montagu
Museum in England. It is a red and silver cast iron model with spare tire on the passenger side
running board. It is an open touring car with white leather seats, front and back.

One ran it along side of the row of cards(as Pete
explained above)by placing one's forefinger on the radiator cap. It would stop and turn 45 degrees at the selected card. It works as the original Kar using the epoxy key card.

The one I own is in the original Matchbox Box
that displays the car through a wraparound celluloid window of the red and yellow box. Back when I did more magic than illustrating I would open the box and let the car roll out onto the table and after the people played with it a bit
I would do the effect.

I can't imagine Ken had too many of the DeLuxe Koornwinder made.

Earle

Herman Koster

Postby Herman Koster » May 23rd, 2006, 5:08 pm

Carlos,
I forgot to mention, but the Jan Monnikendam is closed on monday's, so maybe he contacted you by now.
Otherwise I will see how much the cars are and post the price here on the forum. I suppose they are about 125 or so euro's.
Best wishes,
Herman.

Postby Guest » May 24th, 2006, 12:44 am

Thank you Herman, I got his reply.

Postby Guest » May 24th, 2006, 6:04 pm

A friend of mine has the deluxe version of the Kar and it is very, very nice. I have been looking for one for years.

Postby Guest » May 30th, 2006, 10:09 am

If anyone wants a Koornwinder Kar in mint brand new condition...contact me.

Dick Koornwinder

Postby Dick Koornwinder » July 16th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Hi all,

By some unknown reason I have missed this thread. I confess from time to time I do a search to see if Im still in the BUZZ.

The good news is the original Kar is still available and I quote Crimsonking :

"Otherwise, make sure to check often the hocus-pocus site, because a lot of time an original Koornwinder Kar pops out!"

He is right.. check the site of Hocus Pocus, http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/.

On that site you can also see a great Pete Biro picture with me and Juan Tamariz. In his book Sonata, Juan published a list of eight card tricks which he likes most as a performer. Yesone of the tricks he mentions is the Koornwinder Kar. Im still very proud with that recognition. I always ending my routine with the Crash Location. If you are interested in that feat send me a PM and Ill send you a 5 seconds clip.

Dick Koornwinder

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 1st, 2006, 9:34 am

You Koornwinder Kar fans out there will be happy to know that Tenyo has just released a new version in Japan (with Dick's approval). It will hit the States toward the end of the year.
Works like a charm ... and it "locks" so you can allow the spectators to roll it around all they want. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

khalisto

Postby khalisto » January 18th, 2010, 11:38 am

I am interested to buy one...

Don Knox
Favorite Magician: John Carney, Whit "Pop" Haydn, Eugene Burger

Postby Don Knox » January 18th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Here is a supplier on Ebay: Click Here

Regards,
Don