Krystal's Magic Tricks

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Bill Mullins

Krystal's Magic Tricks

Postby Bill Mullins » November 13th, 2001, 4:03 pm

Krystal's, a hamburger chain here in the south (think "White Castle" only better) has
as a current promotion in their kid's meals
3 different magic tricks. They are: 1) The
Changing Coin (flat sliding tray) 2) The
Disappearing Pickle (probably like the magnetic box that the Adams Penny to Dime uses, but not sure) and 3) Magic Cards (effect unknown, they aren't at the local
store yet). A kid's meal is about 2.50, but
you can get the premium for about 1.70. It
ain't Tenyo, but Tenyo doesn't include a little hamburger with steamed onions, pickles and mustard.

Bill Mullins

Bill Duncan

Re: Krystal's Magic Tricks

Postby Bill Duncan » November 13th, 2001, 6:10 pm

Originally posted by bill mullins:Krystal's, a hamburger chain here in the south (think "White Castle" only better) has as a current promotion in their kid's meals 3 different magic tricks...

Bill I'm amazed. I had come to believe that I could trust your options. And now I see you suggesting that there's a better hamburger than a slider?
Say it ain't so Joe...

:D

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Bill Duncan ]

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Bill Duncan ]

Terry

Postby Terry » November 14th, 2001, 7:55 am

I've had both brands and White Castle blows out Krystals doors - literally and figuratively. People eat Krystals after a night of drinking to get the hangover/nausia ball rolling.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » November 14th, 2001, 3:04 pm

I didn't mean for this topic to turn into a "Krystal's vs. White Castle" battle, but you folks can't really be serious when you imply that Krystal's is anything less than the perfect food. It's got meat, pickles and onions, and a bun (3 of the 4 food groups). I'm pretty sure that White Castles don't have meat, at least as the USDA understands the concept. Plus, Samuel L. Jackson got his start doing Krystal's commercials (you could look it up).

Bill Mullins

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » November 14th, 2001, 3:05 pm

Originally posted by Terry:
I've had both brands and White Castle blows out Krystals doors - literally and figuratively. People eat Krystals after a night of drinking to get the hangover/nausia ball rolling.

Don't people start drinking because they've
been eating White Castles??

Bill

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 14th, 2001, 8:14 pm

You guys should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves! What the hell kind of posts are these to have on the Genii Forum?
I grew up four blocks from a White Castle on Queens Boulevard, and started eating "gut bombs" (as we called them in Corona) at the age of 7 or 8. Back then, you would pull up in your car and order through a speaker attached to a post at each parking space. The waitress would carry your order out to your card and hang a tray on your rolled-down window.
I LOVE WHITE CASTLE HAMBURGERS!
However, the onions DO come back for days. I mean days and days and days.
Don't even bother with those frozen obscenities called "White Castle Burgers" in the frozen food section of your supermarket. They really do taste like wet, dirty paper towels. Yuck.
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A GUT BOMB! Or four, or eight ... or even a bagful!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » November 14th, 2001, 9:17 pm

When I was a senior in high school, I had
calculus during lunch period. There were only eight of us in the class, and we could plow through the material pretty quick, so there was more time to go to Krystals (the teachers would stake out McDonalds, and you got in trouble if you got caught leaving campus. No one _ever_ checked Krystals). So we'd go to Krystals for lunch. Rob Batey ate 12 once, a school record (this in 30 minutes).

You could take a mustard-coated pickle, and place it in the middle of a napkin. Hold the ends of the napkin, so the middle (with the pickle) sagged. Put your hands together, and then snap them apart so the pickle flies upward. They'll stick to the ceiling of the restaurant, for several weeks.

Bill

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » November 14th, 2001, 10:33 pm

Originally posted by bill mullins:
You could take a mustard-coated pickle, and place it in the middle of a napkin. Hold the ends of the napkin, so the middle (with the pickle) sagged. Put your hands together, and then snap them apart so the pickle flies upward. They'll stick to the ceiling of the restaurant, for several weeks.
Bill

"And...was THAT your pickle!?" :cool:

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”