looking for playing cards---

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
knnthcv

looking for playing cards---

Postby knnthcv » November 12th, 2001, 5:00 pm

-looking for aristocrat playing cards--(u.s.playing card,i think dis-continued them)
and the playing cards from spain
i believe rafael benatar used those in his videos--maybe not----
any leads

Rafael Benatar

Re: looking for playing cards---

Postby Rafael Benatar » November 13th, 2001, 1:51 am

I've never seen the Fournier Spanish cards sold in the US but the factory was bought several years ago by US Playing Card so you might want to ask them. I don't think they're better than good American cards but they have some interesting qualities. They have good quality control and it's rare to see a deck that is printed off-center. They are flat, which is good for sleights or counts that use a back-to-back double. The quality of the printing is unsurpassable, especially the faces of court cards. They have been printers of postage stamps for 150 countries. I prefer American cards for fans and spreads. What else... Spanish cards faro better from the top down, might be the way they're cut. The stock is heavier, they're plastic coated and last longer. Still, good American cards feel like a better toy in the hands. Trouble is, many American decks are untold seconds, depending where you buy them and the price. I say this only by experience, can anyone confirm this?

Rafael Benatar

Postby Rafael Benatar » November 13th, 2001, 1:52 am

And please let me know if you find Aristocrats or Bicycle fan back.

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Rafael Benatar ]

Thomas Van Aken
Favorite Magician: Mike Skinner

Postby Thomas Van Aken » November 13th, 2001, 1:58 am

I must say that I have the same feeling than Rafael: the quality of UPCC cards (at least the one you find in Europe)is subject to great variations, some are very good and others very bad. It is specialy the case with the Bikes but also the Tally-Ho.
Thomas

Postby Guest » November 13th, 2001, 2:48 am

Originally posted by Rafael Benatar:
They are flat, which is good for sleights or counts that use a back-to-back double.

I bought my first Fournier decks only a few weeks ago. And my very first observation was how unflat they were. Face to face a pair of cards have a significant gap in the middle.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”