International Magic tapes

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Bill Mullins

International Magic tapes

Postby Bill Mullins » July 18th, 2002, 1:43 pm

I see from International Magic's web page

http://www.internationalmagic.com/index.html

that they've got a number of video tapes which aren't available in the U.S. Unfortunately, the exchange rate and postage works out to about $45 -50 a tape.

Has anyone got any experience with them? Are their tapes well made?

Are videos normally this expensive in the UK (25 pounds)?

Rene Clement

Re: International Magic tapes

Postby Rene Clement » July 18th, 2002, 2:42 pm

These tapes are lectures shot in front of a live crowd attending the Ron McMillian conventions.
The quality is very good considering it is a live taping. Remember, there is no retakes or bright lighting as a studio recording could do. They have some really good ones with Tamariz, Daryl, Kurtz, Peter Kane and so on.
Also, they have Close-up Competition tapes. On the ones I've seen, there are mostly a lot of mediocre performers with just a few good to great performances. But, I will say they were fun to watch.
Make sure since you're ordering from England, that you order VHS if this is your system.

Sean Piper

Postby Sean Piper » July 18th, 2002, 3:47 pm

Originally posted by bill mullins:
I see from International Magic's web page

http://www.internationalmagic.com/index.html

that they've got a number of video tapes which aren't available in the U.S. Unfortunately, the exchange rate and postage works out to about $45 -50 a tape.

Has anyone got any experience with them? Are their tapes well made?

Are videos normally this expensive in the UK (25 pounds)?
Bill,

Pretty much EVERY tape on magic sold in Australia costs around US$40 - US$45. DVD's are closer to US$50.

So stop your whinging!!!! ;)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 18th, 2002, 5:06 pm

Don't you mean "whining"? Or do Australians "whinge"?
International Magic offers a video of Aaron Fisher that is quite good, and they have two new tapes of Andy Galloway doing Ramsay material, and also a new tape with Bob Read coming out later this year.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jeffrey Cowan
Favorite Magician: Bob Kohler & Tim Conover

Postby Jeffrey Cowan » July 18th, 2002, 11:35 pm

I've seen a few of these tapes and like the competition videos particularly because they are a great way to see some top magicians from around the world doing their best "killer" material for the money. You do have to sit through some acts that really should never have entered, but that's a small price to pay. So, if you have a specific purpose for viewing the tapes, they might well be worth the money.
-- Jeffrey Cowan
www.cowan-law.com

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”