Books For Sale

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Books For Sale

Postby Guest » August 22nd, 2007, 6:42 am

P.T. Murphy
1615 W. Summerdale
Chicago,IL.
magic@ptmurphy.com
773-370-6244

1. Mnemonica: $45.00 - I put this up a while ago, but the buyer never came through.

2. Chung Ling Soo Package: $60.00 - The Man of Mystery #645, signed by Hector Robinson. PLUS The Man Behind the Legend(Hades, First Edition)

These books are all in very good condition.

I accept PayPal. You pay the shipping. The cost depends on how and where you want items sent. Please e-mail me directly as I only get to check the forum sporadically.

Thanks!

Re: Books For Sale

Postby Guest » August 22nd, 2007, 3:10 pm

Being interested in stacked deck work, particularly pertaining to mentalism, and having learnt and used the Aronson stack, I really looked forward to Mnemonica.

When it arrived, I flicked through it, and thought, "oh s**t, this is all about faro shuffles", and placed it onto my bookshelf where it remained until a few months ago.

Then one day, when I unexpectedly had a completely free day, I took it back down and started reading it properly.

I read it right through, and my original impression was completely wrong. It is a goldmine of fabulously inventive and devious work with a stacked deck.

To such an extent one effect impressed me so much that I have unlearnt the Aronson stack and replaced it with the Mnemonica stack (not an easy thing to do). This effect can't be done with other stacks.

I now think so highly of this book, that if I had to part with all my library apart from one book, this is the one I would keep.

So, whoever buys this from Patrick, you are in for a treat.

Postby Guest » August 22nd, 2007, 7:17 pm

OH MAN! Do I take it off the market? I will leave it up for a few days while I read through it again.

Darn you Quentin Reynolds you make me doubt my own sanity! :D

p.s. Cindy sends her love. We hope you are well.

Postby Guest » August 23rd, 2007, 11:47 am

Mnemonica SOLD!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”