MagicMan Examiner

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Doug McKenzie

MagicMan Examiner

Postby Doug McKenzie » September 13th, 2002, 10:37 am

Does anyone have any issues of magicman examiner that they are willing to sell?

Thanks.

Doug Mckenzie

Re: MagicMan Examiner

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2002, 3:04 pm

I have a complete set of the MagicMan Examiner and would be interested in selling them. Please email me to discuss details. My email address is gregory@whitewerks.com

Postby Guest » September 18th, 2002, 9:39 pm

Doug,

This is going to kill you...

The last night of the LVMI convention Chris Kenner walked into the dealer room holding a stack of guess what...

Yea really.

He did not have copies of issue #3, but he sold the other ones. I only bought one set of them, people swarmed him like bees on honey and I thought it would look greedy to buy multiple copies when other guys were trying to get a set too.

I am guessing a few enterprising individuals might have bought a few copies that might show up on ebay or something. So you might want to keep an eye out.

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2002, 5:58 pm

Hi Dan (nice to meet you at the LVMI):

Mr. Mackenzie: Keep an eye on EBay for some copies Kenner gave to BJ autographed "To EBay Buyer."

--Randy Campbell

Doug McKenzie

Postby Doug McKenzie » September 19th, 2002, 6:27 pm

I'm keeping my eyes pinned. The magazines are absolutely terrible. No one else should bother looking for them. ;-). Thanks for the info

Doug

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 19th, 2002, 9:24 pm

Jeez, I don't know what all the fuss is about: most of it's in "Totally Out of Control," anyway. :p
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » September 20th, 2002, 5:57 am

As to the content of the Magicman Examiner, most of the material is from contributors such as Troy Hooser, John Carney, Michael Weber, Phil Goldstein, Mark Brandenberry, and which does not appear in Totally Out of Control or anywhere else, as far as I can tell. Yes, Kenner's original Three Fly and several cards routines were later included in his book, but he also had some routines that were only previous printed in his lecture notes, which are probably just as hard to find.

Postby Guest » September 20th, 2002, 10:47 am

Hi Richard,
Wasn't there a planned book of MAGIC MAN EXAMINER plus the "lost issues"? And isn't there also planned a new Kenner book. And what about the progress on his Genii issue? Thanks!

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » September 21st, 2002, 10:48 am

If I remember correctly, the one time I saw a full set of Magic Man Examiners on eBay it sold for $90.00. Just throwing that out there as a reference point. I think an original subscription was $30.00.

Frank Yuen

Shahin

Postby Shahin » October 10th, 2002, 4:55 pm

Hi,

I am interested in a set of "Magicman Examiner".I guess there are only four issues out there? For offers plese contact
shahin.zarkesch@t-online.de.
I am especially interested in "four coins and a filipino" by Homer Liwag.I am also willing to trade. I have some interesting material to offer, for example the complete colored books of mentalism.

Thanks

Shahin

Shahin

Postby Shahin » October 15th, 2002, 8:29 am

cmon,there has to be at least someone out there,who doesnt need these magazines!!

Postby Guest » October 20th, 2002, 6:35 am

Hey, I been looking for the Magicman Examiner ever since I met Chris over here in Germany. Someone give me a deal. I have tons of stuff we can bargain with.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”