Paul Fox HEAVYWEIGHT Copper Cups for Sale

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Paul Fox HEAVYWEIGHT Copper Cups for Sale

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 13th, 2002, 12:49 pm

I have a set of Paul Fox HEAVYWEIGHT copper cups that I bought from Danny Dew years ago that I would be happy to sell. Bids, anyone?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Re: Paul Fox HEAVYWEIGHT Copper Cups for Sale

Postby Guest » January 13th, 2002, 1:41 pm

Now you did it. You went and used the "PF" word! :p

Scotto

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 13th, 2002, 2:38 pm

I have a set of Paul Fox HEAVYWEIGHT copper cups that I bought from Danny Dew years ago that I would be happy to sell. Bids, anyone?

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » January 15th, 2002, 9:14 am

Richard:

Can you give a bit more detail on the condition of the cups?

Is it possible to post a picture and how are bids to be submitted?

Eric DeCamps

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 15th, 2002, 9:26 am

Eric: the cups are in new condition, never used. They look exactly like regular Paul Fox cups but the copper is thicker so they have a nicer feel. Current bid is $475. You can bid by sending me a private e-mail or just post it if you like.

Rafael Benatar

Postby Rafael Benatar » January 15th, 2002, 2:52 pm

I suppose in the heavyweight type you can still fit three 3/8" balls onto the bottom of a mouth-down cup, right?
I'd also be interested to see a picture. Come on, everybody: Picture! Picture!

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » January 15th, 2002, 3:50 pm

Richard:

Thanks for the response.

I was not aware that Mr. Dew produced heavyweight cups. The only heavyweight cups that I was aware of were the "Busby" version/edition of the Fox cups. The problem that I have encountered with the later cups was that that this version/edition of the Fox cups would NOT hold the same size load as the cups manufactured by Mr. Dew.

Do these heavyweight cups have the same problem? One final question when is the bidding closed for this auction?

Thanks again.

Eric DeCamps

Cugel

Postby Cugel » January 15th, 2002, 11:34 pm

Hi Richard,

Would you be interested in a trade? I have a 1903 copy of The Modern Conjurer with an inscription to a family member from Rodney Boyce (Jean Hugard) dated 1912...

Or maybe you'd be interested in a set of Morrisey aluminium cups? (Hey, come on, in another thread you said it wasn't about the cups!)

cheers
Andrew
:D

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2002, 6:48 am

Hey Eric & other interested PF Cuppers,

I have a couple sets of Heavy cups and wanted to give you my observations. First, they are not that much heavier than the standard cups. Second, there is no discernable difference in load capacity as compared to the standard cups. When compared side by side with the standard cups, they do look slightly "bulkier" but overall, you'd think they were just like the cups you have now.

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » January 31st, 2002, 3:23 pm

Richard, I would be interested in what you finally got for the cups. I also have a set of these, which I got from Danny Dew in 1975, so I am naturally curious as to their value. I saw a set of the "jumbo" cups go for over $1200 :eek: about a year ago on ebay.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » February 3rd, 2002, 10:13 am

ok.. here's the real load size story

ricky (jay) and i weren london visiting ken brooke... rj was extoling how the pf cups were so deceptive... that a max size load ball, when put onto an invrted cup looked BIGGER than the cup...

ken argued "it isn't the size... it's the change..."

ken said, "i'll prove it." grabbed his cups closed the shop, went to nearby market and bought the 3 SMALLEST lemons he could find. into a nearby pub, ken said, "watch."

he went over to a group of 3 couples - about 30-ish - and did the c&b routine... ken had 'em laughing all the way.. and at "the death" (climax) when the three LITTLE lemons made their appearance the gasps and screams said it all...

ken picked up his cups, and said to ricky... i tell you... it's not the size... it's the change.

BTW joe stevens will soon be releasing a beautiful set of foxlike -- but different -- set of jumbo chick cups, to be called GALLI GALLI cups... in the $200 range!!!
Stay tooned.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”