Wanted: New York Symposium Collection

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jamie Badman

Wanted: New York Symposium Collection

Postby Jamie Badman » April 22nd, 2002, 3:49 pm

Hi,

I have the New York Symposium Collection books 1 and 5 and I'd like to hunt down the rest; if anyone has any copies in decent condition for sale, please drop me a line.

Also, I believe there were some Symposium playing cards ? Wouldn't mind getting hold of some of these also!

Thanks,

Jamie.

Frank Yuen

Re: Wanted: New York Symposium Collection

Postby Frank Yuen » April 22nd, 2002, 6:35 pm

Of added interest might be the book, "Spectacle" which I believe was originally meant to be The Symposium Collection Six.

Frank Yuen

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 22nd, 2002, 6:47 pm

The New York Symposium Playing Cards were printed by U.S. Playing Card Co, and paid for by Ton Onosaka--they were done the year the convention was held in Japan. Not only were there about six different colored decks, but Ton also had stickers made the same size as card backs (minus the white borders) in another four or five colors. All impossible to find now.
As for "Spectacle," yes, this was written as the Sixth Symposium book. All the material was collected with that understanding. I thought it was quite devious when the book was published under a different title and there was no mention of what it was originally supposed to be.
In my opinion, by the way, number 5 is the best by far.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » April 23rd, 2002, 8:04 am

I can help you send me an e-mail!

-Rick

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”