Looking for NY Magic Symposium #5

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
JR Russell

Looking for NY Magic Symposium #5

Postby JR Russell » February 18th, 2002, 4:08 am

I've been looking for a copy of this book with no luck. Anybody have one for sale. I saw it in Japan at Ton Onasaka's shop, did not buy it and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it. :mad:
JR Russell
"Fly Navy"

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Looking for NY Magic Symposium #5

Postby Dustin Stinett » February 18th, 2002, 8:10 am

Check with John Cannon at Aladdin Books in Fullerton, CA.

714-738-6115

It seems to me that I saw a copy there the last time I was in (that was a month ago, however).

Good luck,

Dustin

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: Dustin Stinett ]

Pepka

Postby Pepka » February 18th, 2002, 12:05 pm

Just got one about a month ago myself off of Ebay. I have the whole collection except #2. Try with H&R books. www.magicbookshop.com
Pepka

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 18th, 2002, 8:43 pm

JR Russell: You can mail a US check made out to Ton Onosaka for the amount of the book plus postage to Magic Land in Tokyo and they will send you the book!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Kurt Lee Flickner

Postby Kurt Lee Flickner » February 18th, 2002, 9:29 pm

I have vol 5 for sale on my website http://www.MagicEstateSale.com for $20.00, actually I have two copies, both in Mint condition, look under previously listed books on my site

Kurt Flickner
www.MagicEstateSale.com
Kurt Lee Flickner
www.MagicEstateSale.com

JR Russell

Postby JR Russell » February 19th, 2002, 3:04 pm

Thank you everybody for the info. Thanks again to Richard for giving me directions how to find Ton's MagicLand in Tokyo. I read about it in the Japan edition of Genii last year and made it a mission to make a visit there. It was worth it and I highly recommend the same to anybody who has the opportunity!
JR Russell

"Fly Navy"

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 19th, 2002, 10:11 pm

Some of you with perilously long memories may recall that I wrote and illustrated the first two Symposium books. Perhaps we can post them on this forum as e-books in the near future, but don't know when we'll have the time to convert and scan everything!
However, I always thought that Vol.5 was far and away the best of all the books because of the material. While American magicians always tended to give second-rate material, the Japanese gave first-rate material. I had the good fortune to attend the Symposium in Tokyo that took place when the book was released and saw most of the Japanese effects that are in the book in person. Excellent stuff.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”