English Penny Locking Shell Sets

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Todd Lassen

English Penny Locking Shell Sets

Postby Todd Lassen » August 3rd, 2007, 7:43 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0136688350

Something new. These handle very easily and have a great feel.

I made a few of these sets with the holed African dimes too. There is a SMALL discrepency when looking through the shell hole of the nested coins. A tiny new moon sliver of the edge of the hole on the nested coin can be seen through the shell hole. I don't think anyone could spot this under normal performing conditions. It is invisible when looking through the coin side hole with the shell underneath. The coin can easily be flipped over in the palm to show both sides without detection and having the hole really adds to the deception.

Todd Lassen

Re: English Penny Locking Shell Sets

Postby Todd Lassen » August 4th, 2007, 7:58 am

Since the bidding filled up so fast, I added another auction with 5 more to keep the price from rising.

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2007, 7:26 pm

$56 to ship this to Canada [versus $4.60 in the U.S.] kind of rules this out for me!

Todd Lassen

Postby Todd Lassen » August 5th, 2007, 8:43 am

Well, I don't know how you arrived at $56, but I haven't figured out how to get ebay to put the correct shipping prices. :)

I put a shipping cost note at the bottom...$7 for shipping with insurance inside of U.S. $25 for express international mail with insurance. I can send internationally by priority mail WITHOUT INSURANCE for about $10.

Either way, 25 bucks is about the most you can spend, not $56.

Postby Guest » August 5th, 2007, 8:46 am

When I keyed in my Toronto post code, it "calculated" the $56 amount. Incidentally, my brother's post code in the U.K. came out to $66.

$25 is very reasonable... I may have to purchase now! :p

Postby Guest » August 6th, 2007, 9:20 am

Never go by the postage calculator used by eBay because it doesn't work. It's always somehow overestimating the cost to a crazy amount, unless, of course, you're shipping to a neighboring planet. :p

Todd Lassen

Postby Todd Lassen » August 8th, 2007, 3:19 pm

I'm putting up a few more items, I'm not sure what all yet, but you can check the 'view seller's other auctions' from this listing. Cheers.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”