Kaminskas Cups Brass

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Kaminskas Cups Brass

Postby Guest » March 23rd, 2002, 7:35 pm

I'm interested in buying a set of these Cups. Anyone have one to sell?[email]null[/email]

Pete Biro

Re: Kaminskas Cups Brass

Postby Pete Biro » March 23rd, 2002, 10:23 pm

I think Kaminski still sells 'em... you might find him via www.jamesriser.com or do a search on google :eek:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » March 24th, 2002, 4:54 am

Hey Pete, Thanks for the tip, I tried a search with no luck, but have emailed Jim R. I heard from a very reliable source that Mike Kaminskas is out... so :confused:

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » March 24th, 2002, 7:44 am

I've emailed Michael K. to find out if he has any cup sets left. The last time I wrote him about his cups he had only 17 sets. That was probably over two years ago. I would not count on it. As I indicated on my "Selecting a Set of Cups" web page, all of the cups shown will not always be available. The hidden message here was to "get 'em while you can". This is true for any currently available set of cups. I can well remember when Danny Dew was spinning his Paul Fox Cups. They were available and many magicians just stalled off getting them until it was too late. The same holds true for the currently available cups. The day will come when.........
Jim :(

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 24th, 2002, 8:42 am

Right... I have literally run out and will now have to re-order... I have actually had customers want three sets of the Jumbo Galli Galli cups... they don't want to ever be without 'em... :) :) :)

Folks don't realize how little profit there is with the limited market, tho... and the cost for the FIRST CUP is staggering...
Stay tooned.

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » March 24th, 2002, 9:03 am

Yes, Pete. Most people have no idea of what is involved in making a good set of cups and how hard it is to keep them in stock. I have sold out every run of my minis and the first run of my jumbos. To be profitable (worth making) at all, the cups must be made in some quantity - not one set at a time. This quantity of invested money, time, and materials will yield no return until every cup is completely finished and sold. It can easily be weeks until a run can get completed. Then one day the spinner just says "I'm tired of making these" and they are no longer available. This happens with anything - not just cups. The number of quality cups currently available is actually amazing. And more are on the way! It has never been so good for cups fans. The cost of the first cup? Well, I needed over $10,000 worth of shearing, spinning, and polishing machinery before I could make the first cup! Above that is the cost (time, tooling, materials) of experimentation/development. Cups are cheap! "Get 'em while you can" and before the prices go up! Just since I created my "Selecting a Set of Cups" web page, two styles of cups have vanished from the marketplace. Pete, we are providing performance tools and collectables for the future.
Jim

Bob

Postby Bob » March 24th, 2002, 7:59 pm

Hi all,

Wanted everyone to know that the mini cups that Jim Riser makes are beautiful. Showed them to Mark Stevens the other day (Joe's son) when I went in to buy a set of Mike Rogers' mini baseball set to use with them. He thought they were beautiful too.

Thanks,

Bob Phillips

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”