If You Want a Lifetime Supply of Arrco Tahoe Playing Cards, Now is Your Chance!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

If You Want a Lifetime Supply of Arrco Tahoe Playing Cards, Now is Your Chance!

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 11th, 2007, 4:29 pm

After seeing what the last two auctions of Tahoe playing cards went for on eBay, I've asked the seller to post all of the Tahoes I've been sitting on for the last 25 years:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ200QQf ... dscotbooks
Buy now, you'll never have another chance like this!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tom Ladshaw

Re: If You Want a Lifetime Supply of Arrco Tahoe Playing Cards, Now is Your Chance!

Postby Tom Ladshaw » January 12th, 2007, 7:53 am

Wow. So any idea what my original "Gaffed to the Hilt" with all of the Arrco gaffs and Arrco decks *still sealed* is worth today? Anyone?

Re: If You Want a Lifetime Supply of Arrco Tahoe Playing Cards, Now is Your Chance!

Postby Guest » January 18th, 2007, 2:27 pm

Mr. Editor. I have seen some magicians many years ago using such cards. In the Netherlands and also here in Finland. Why are they not manufactured now?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 18th, 2007, 8:47 pm

Unfortunately, the Arrco company was purchased by US Playing Card, which essentially put them out of business. Some Arrco backs are still manufactured by US Playing Card, but not Tahoes, and nothing else has ever come close to Tahoes for smoothness and durability.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » January 18th, 2007, 9:14 pm

There were two qualities of the Tahoe cards put out: one is the one Richard is writing about, which had a "cushion" finish, and the other had a "flat" finish, was of lower quality, and didn't fan worth squat.

The only reason to mention that is in case someone finds a pack of the latter and wonders what all the accolades are about.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”