La Maggiore: The Ultimate Shells for the Three Shell Game

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
sleightly

La Maggiore: The Ultimate Shells for the Three Shell Game

Postby sleightly » December 9th, 2002, 6:08 pm

After twelve years of research and testing and two years of active development, Absolutely Magic is finally releasing La Maggiore , a jumbo set of resin walnut shells for shell workers.

These shells, unavailable for many years, were favored by such pros as Mike Rogers, Frank Garcia and others. Often referred to as “Italian walnuts,” very few people had access to them and they were available only in very limited quantities. The originals had one major drawback, their notable brittle nature, which rendered them dry and fragile over time. With La Maggiore , we provide workers with a set of almost indestructible shells that, with appropriate care, will last a lifetime.

La Maggiore shells are manufactured in high-impact resin, and are the largest commercially available. Molded from an actual walnut similar to those used by the greats, La Maggiore was lovingly sculpted and refined for perfect sensitivity.

Great pains have been taken to ensure that the color and texture says definitively “walnut shell.” Even from up close, you will have a hard time believing that these aren't real shells! The original shell was sanded and then filled with putty to smooth out the interior, molded, cast and then sanded further to ensure a fluid response. For more detailed information, check out our Specifications page.

A good tool does the job adequately, a great tool enhances the abilities of the worker, enabling him to soar to heights previously thought unattainable.

See for yourself why workers such as Bob Sheets, Gazzo, and Bob Kohler have raved about the shells and are using them professionally.

Your investment of only $69.95 will provide you with not only the finest set of shells available, but most likely the last set of shells you will ever need.

For more information on specs, testimonials, and ordering information, please check out threeshellgame.com .

La Maggiore - designed by a professional for professional use.

Thanks for your interest!

Andrew J. Pinard

Re: La Maggiore: The Ultimate Shells for the Three Shell Game

Postby Guest » December 16th, 2002, 6:38 pm

I just received these shells from Andrew today and if you ever wanted to do a three shell routine - BUY THESE SHELLS! I have had three sets of shells in the past, and these are the best shells I have ever used.

The photos on the web site do not show how real the shells look. They are larger than any shell on the market and easy to handle. The design of these shells make the execution of the moves virtually self-working and on just about any surface!

Andrew, thanks for putting the effort into these - top notch!

Scott Stevenson

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 16th, 2002, 8:06 pm

I've also received a set of the shells and, truth be told, they are magnificent.
I even dropped one down a flight of wooden steps and it arrived at the bottom with a thunk, but with nary a chip nor crack.
The damn pea pops out from under these shells with ease.
I may be forced to learn a routine!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Paul Green

Postby Paul Green » December 16th, 2002, 10:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Just to add my 2 cents, . . .

These shells are very good. For a worker, these shells have the size to be seen. Most important in the world of performance.

Do your homework and check these out. I know that I will be using them.

Regards,

Paul Green
paulgreen@earthlink.net

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » December 16th, 2002, 10:17 pm

I also have this state-of-the-art set of shells, plus two peas. Over the years, I've bought at least ten sets, having been inspired to learn the routine after reading the series Eddie Joseph ran in the old MAGIC WAND. Frank Garcia's seminal book spurred me to deeply play with the shells. I also bought the set Mel Brown put out.

Absolutely Magic's set is the right color, design, texture, shape, and durability for pro workers.

Highly recommended.
Even if you don't do a routine, buy a set. They are nice to feel and look at...

Onward...

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”