Great books for sale

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Bob

Great books for sale

Postby Bob » April 15th, 2002, 3:50 am

Books for sale:

1) Fork Full of Appetizers, Book 1. Compiled by Bill Miesel and published by Obie OBrien. 1982, softcover, combbound, 66 pages.
$30, plus $5 shipping.

2) Fork Full of Appetizers, Book 2. Compiled by Bill Miesel and published by Obie OBrien. 1983, softcover, combbound, 140 pages. $35, plus $5 shipping.

3) Totally Out of Control/Out of Control by Chris
Kenner. 1992, published by Kaufman and Greenberg. Hardcover, 183 pages. $45, plus $5 shipping.

Contact me at my email address listed below if you are interested.

Thanks,

Bob Phillips

bobn3@southwind.net

Re: Great books for sale

Postby Guest » April 15th, 2002, 10:44 pm

Thanks, Bob. We'll wait for following posts where you lower the price.

Bob

Postby Bob » April 16th, 2002, 10:12 am

John,

I'm curious. I was wondering if you have been rude for a long time, or if this was a recent decision that you have made?

Bob

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » April 16th, 2002, 12:33 pm

Bob,

Let me step in here...John's post is a joke. It's reference to another series of posts on the Genii forum.

There was another person selling books on this forum who didn't get a response to his offer, so he returned and lowered the prices on the books two or three times until someone did buy. I guess he wanted to move the books fast.

So John's joke fell flat because you hadn't seen the earlier posts; he wasn't trying to be rude, from my perspective.

Jeff

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » April 16th, 2002, 1:07 pm

Jeff,
Bob is that other guy.

I haven't bought anything from him yet, but it looks like he has some good deals - if he posts somthing I'm intereste in at a good price, I'd probably buy it.

I don't think John was being intentionally rude, but was teasing Bob a bit. Remember folks: sometimes it's hard to get the tone of a post from just the words. Since we're not getting the tone of voice, body language, etc, we can easily misinterpret the meaning. I think John only meant that as a harmless joke.

-Jim

Bob

Postby Bob » April 16th, 2002, 2:09 pm

Thanks guys,

What you are telling me is that he is not rude, he is uninformed about etiquette. You can draw your own implications from that.

Bob

Postby Guest » April 16th, 2002, 4:45 pm

I am wondering if the books are brand new? Signed by the author? Why are they so expensive? That does seem like a heck-of-a lot to pay for those books. I got Kenners book new for $40

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 16th, 2002, 7:28 pm

They are NOT expensive: expensive is $50 to $75 and up. $400 for Card Craft is expensive. I thought Bob's prices were perfectly reasonable for the Fechter's books considering that both are out of print and difficult to find.
As for Chris Kenner's "Totally Out of Control," well, that is IN print and available directly from the publisher (that would be moi) for $40 postage free.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » April 16th, 2002, 10:15 pm

Thank you, jeff. Thank you, Jim. It WAS a joke. Actually Bob, I am quite well informed about etiquette. And if YOU were, you would have said "Thank you", to me, for trying to sell your Faucett Ross book for you, in another thread. I am also quite well informed about the English language, and Jeff and Jim wouldn't be drawing "implications", they would draw "inferences".

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”