Mail Order Dealer Recomendations

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Bill Duncan

Mail Order Dealer Recomendations

Postby Bill Duncan » January 19th, 2002, 8:39 pm

Anyone purchased from Magic Warehouse?

They seem to have the best prices and almost everything I want to order.

Any recommendations for other dealers on the web?

Thanks in advance

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Mail Order Dealer Recomendations

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 19th, 2002, 9:11 pm

Bill,
You might consider ordering from Denny & Lee or Hank Lee, since both not only have great websites, but they also have brick and mortar shops that could use our support!
Yes, it costs a little more, but buying stuff at the lowest price is NOT everything.
I buy a lot of DVDs. I do NOT buy them at the lowest price on the web, but from a small store called Sight and Sound in Massachusetts. I like to buy from people who really care about their retail customers, who know their stock, can tell you a good trick from a bad one, etc.
Denny will do that.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » January 19th, 2002, 11:48 pm

Joe Stevens (Stevens Magic Emporium) is another one of those brick and mortar shops that does try to sell as inexpensively as possible, puts out regular specials for their customers and stands behind everything they sell. They are another one that I highly recommend, and also Phil Matlin of Perfect Magic who actually takes the time to get to know his customers likes and dislikes. When you call him to ask what's new, he'll tell you as well as well as what he thinks is good, what is crap and what might interest you, and unlike another dealer who sometimes doesn't actually deliver the goods as promised both Matlin and Stevens do so and more every time. Hard to find dealers that are on the internet, offer good prices, good service and are ethical to boot.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat http://www.bigfoot.com/~thoughtreader

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » January 19th, 2002, 11:56 pm

Denny & Lee's is good, H&R books is good.

If you must by from an internet dealer,
I've had pretty good luck with Charlie's Electronic Magic Store. We had one mix up (I forget the details), but he fixed it promptly and to my satisfaction.

Bill Mullins

Postby Guest » January 20th, 2002, 9:53 pm

ALTHOUGH ON-LINE SHOPS ARE NICE, IT'S BETTER TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS THE MAGIC THEY'RE SELLING. NOT TO "FLOAT MY OWN BOAT", I HAVE A GREAT SHOP IN THE NYC AREA THAT WAS DESIGNED FOR THE BETTERMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MAGICIANS,AND THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE ART OF MAGIC. I MAKE MY MONEY AS A PERFORMER, AND THE MAGIC SHOP IS SOMETHING TO FILL THE TIME BETWEEN SHOPS & PRACTICE. IF ANYTHING, I'M LOSING MONEY ON THIS DEAL BECAUSE I'M NOT SO CONCERNED ABOUT PRICES, I'M CONCERNED ABOUT MAGICAL DEVOLOPMENT. THINK ABOUT IT LIKE THIS, MANY PEOPLE HAVE HOBBYS, AND USUALLY THESE HOBBYS COST MONEY, SO THE SHOP IS MY HOBBY. JUST BECAUSE IT IS MY HOBBY, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT PROFESSIONAL, BECAUSE IT REALLY IS. ONE THING I'VE DONE TO ENSURE ITS PROFESSIONAL AIRE, IS TO DEAL DIRECTLY WITH THE MANUFACTORES INSTEAD OF JOBBERS (I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST JOBBERS, BUT IF I DEAL WITH THE MAKERS, I CAN ASK THEM QUESTIONS ABOUT PRODUCTS, SO I CAN BETTER SERVE YOU.
CALL ME NOW: TO RECIEVE YOU [/I][B]FREEINFORMATION ABOUT US AT:

PHONE:1-(201)-836-3863

E-MAIL: magic_stu@hotmail.com

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » January 20th, 2002, 10:35 pm

Many thanks to those who expressed concern for my magic karma. ;)

I don't really need any advice or expertise. I'm looking for a new Okito Box, a Flipper Coin and some other minor utility items. I managed to purchase the Flipper this afternoon at our local magic shop. The other items were not in stock so I'll either find a great price online or simply wait until I'm near a shop that has them. I'll be in Portland in the next few months and they have three magic shops so I should have better luck.

Postby Guest » January 21st, 2002, 12:03 am

BILL-

DO YOU DO ILLUSIONS?

BECAUSE STAN KARMIEN IS IN PORTLAND, AND IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ILLUSIONS AND ILLUSION SHOWS, STANS THE MAN

cataquet

Postby cataquet » January 21st, 2002, 1:56 am

I'm not going to bad mouth the bricks and mortar shops mentioned. However, I get all my stuff from MagicSmith. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Bye for now

Harold

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » January 21st, 2002, 11:42 pm

No Illusions.
Closeup.

Please take your caps lock off. It looks like you're YELLING!

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 22nd, 2002, 8:03 am

Not only is caps lock SCREAMING... it is really hard to read.

Also, put a blank line between sentences.

If it is hard to read, I skip it.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2002, 6:08 am

Pete Biro wrote:
"Also, put a blank line between sentences."

Pete,
Guess that explains why I have always appreciated reading between the lines of your posts! :D :D

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat http://www.bigfoot.com/~thoughtreader

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 23rd, 2002, 8:02 am

Only a meanialist like you knows what's between the lines.... :p
Stay tooned.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”